thoughts for a friday.
• have you ever read twyla tharp’s the creative process? an old boyfriend recommended it to me, and before i could get really into the book, we broke up. so you know — then the book was tainted for me. look at the book, think of the jerk. but i think i might need it. in this book she breaks down all the aspects of living a creative life, the struggles, joys, and lessons along the way. i feel very cluttered right now, so maybe tainted or not, it’s time again for twyla.
• isn’t this the prettiest lamp you ever did see? i love it, and i think i need it. it’s called the vanderbilt table lamp in blue crackle + maple by caravan pacific. Shannon Guirl turned to wood turning and ceramics to cure a creative itch and found a new passion in designing mid-century modern lighting With the aid of a successful Kickstarter campaign and a skilled team of craftspeople in Portland. good on Caravan Pacific. pretty, pretty lamps.
• i’ve taken a liking to bourbon whiskey. don’t get concerned — not in large quantities. but you can make a mean cocktail with this stuff, did you know? i like this bulleit brand but it might have a great deal to do with the bottle. i like these bottles and i like them almost as much when they’re empty. pretty water decanters, no? (note: scrub ‘em real hard unless of course you enjoy a whiskey aftertaste with your water).
• this is super nice and very thoughtful of blogger Victoria Hudgins of a subtle revelry — she’s compiled 25 romantic fonts that are free to download. how swell is that? thank you victoria! head on over to a subtle revelry for all the individual font links.
• i haven’t seen soap on a rope since sometime in the late seventies, but much like their hotels, if someone was going to make it cool again, ace would be the place. lovingly handcrafted in small batches at Studio J in Portland — on a hand-knotted macramé cord inspired by a rain chain. ace hotels has a super fun line of homewares, accessories and all kinds of gadgets we may not need but really want anyway. i love this pearl + soap chain. i’m having sense memories of old spice or stetson man. or something…lather up and happy weekend!