thoughts for a friday.
spring must be on her way — there’s something in the air, and i have a travel bug in my bonnet. i just keep thinking about taking a long road trip, and stopping in small towns along the way, doing some great thrifting. or, i could take off for barcelona. or maybe even just have a staycation and start fixing up the yard for outdoor parties. regardless, these are my thoughts for a friday.
• i have always, always wanted a vw camper van. there’s something about driving one that is just the most fun — the extra large steering wheel is kind of ridiculously hysterical. i remember borrowing one from a friend to move once and driving it made me feel like i had my very own magic bus. i’ve been thinking about buying one. trading in the bug convertible and getting one of these babies, giving it a cute interior makeover and hitting the road less traveled. have you ever owned one? did you love it?
• vacation, take me away. i love this vintage paint by number taken by amy gieske art + photography. just looking at it makes me want to head off to a cabin in the woods. maybe kick back and create my own paint-by-number painting. this one’s just swell. i’d even love to see this huge, as a mural on one big wall. now that would be a project!
• i love outdoor illumination. i had pretty globe lights like these in my last home, and it’s time to hang some in the new cottage, outside in the courtyard. pretty, right? they make dining al fresco so much more enchanting.
• i’m dying to go to barcelona. i had lunch with a friend yesterday and she was telling me all about the camper hotel in barcelona, spain. i need to go there. have you been? i love small and stylish designer hotels that are also easy on the pocketbook, and i hear the camper hotel is pretty affordable.
• have map will travel. especially really cute maps. have you ever seen travel guides from london-based Herb Lester Associates? having the itch to get going somewhere, i’d love to “just pick a map, any map — and head there”! travel aficionados will love these maps, designed and illustrated by artists like Brent Couchman, Jim Datz, Telegramme and Jez Burrows and with quirky titles like “Brooklyn: 41 Reasons Why”, “How To Find Old LA” and “Austin On The Hoof”. they’ve even just released a san francisco map. yay!