oh, hello neighbor.

fvf-red-wall

freunde von freunden is based all the way in berlin, but it took them to introduce me to my very own neighbor here in our noe valley neighborhood of san francisco. this is the home of architect and interface designer nir stern just blocks from me. it’s funny, i walk lucy by these houses every day, and i’m constantly wishing i could see what’s inside them. i especially love walking at night when the lights are on and small glimpses show themselves through big picture windows. i’m such a voyeur – but not for people, just their splendid interiors! you can spy more of nir’s beautiful home designed by architect james hill, photographed by Hanh Nguyen Cooley and the whole wonderful interview by san francisco’s own Kelly Lynn Waters of halycon days right here on freunde von freunden.

fvf-hallway

fvf-living-area

Freunde-von-Freunden-Nir-Stern

fvf-house

fvf-bedroom

fvf-bedroom-details

fvf-artwork

fvf-sf-house

fvf-art

fvf-chalkboard

fvf-kitchen

fvf-sf-deck

• all photographs by Hanh Nguyen Cooley.

Comments
15 Responses to “oh, hello neighbor.”
  1. Ryann says:

How beautiful! I often do the same thing as I walk my dog or am out exploring! I don’t want to spy on anyone, just see what they have done with their place.

I think my favorite bit is that little corner in what looks like a hallway. The chair and its handsome, antlered friend.

2. kim says:

My favorite is that view!

3. mlleparadis says:

ok me too. have always done it. it always seems so cozy in other peoples houses at night. and a little like sitting in a dark theater as the curtains part, and the show begins…..love these clean spaces – so unlike mine!

4. I love that orange wall and the simplicity in the design!

5. vicki archer says:

My favourite walking time in London is when the lights are on but the curtains are still open… I love seeing the cosy interiors…
    That orange wall looks fantastic… xv

6. Leanda says:

I love doing that too… glimpsing into people’s spaces. This is a beautiful house… my dream!

7. Shana says:

Glad to know that there are souls who share that same curiosity. Having a glimpse into the beautiful homes of our neighbors can be enlightening (though slightly voyeuristic!). This one is, no less, minimalistic yet pleasing :)

8. Stacy says:

Lovely. Would like to know the color of orange used on the wall. It is perfect.

9. mosey says:

That last photo kills me. It makes me more drawn to this place than any other house i’ve ever looked at. Sigh… I wonder if he’ll ever sell it…

10. Katrina says:

oh to know the color(s) of white paint in the hall, LR, and BR…..

11. John says:

Lovely blog, Victoria :) Ugh, can I just say I *hate the Pinterest addon? It doesn’t let me save photos (forces a person to use Pinterest?). Certainly puts a crimp in any blog workflow as well :(

• victoria says:

hi john, thank you for the feedback. perhaps i will move it back down below the posts. in the meantime, if you click on the source link you can save photos from the original images.

thanks!

12. John says:

Thanks for your response, Victoria :)

• victoria says:

sure thing! okay, here’s what i did: i removed the ‘fade’ from the images when you scroll over them. and i made the ‘pin it’ button less in your face – it’s b/w now. there’s also a pin it button at the bottom of each post’s permalink. as far as saving images, you can still take a screen grab – if you have a Mac, it’s command + shift + 4 all at the same time and you drag the crosshairs over the image. i hope that’s a compromise! :)

13. esther says:

Those floors are to die for; so is the amount of space.