home girls.

erin-hiemstra-rue

the new issue of rue magazine features two of the bay area’s own home girls — bloggers erin hiemstra of apartment 34 and caitlin flemming of sacramento street. both as talented as they are tall (have i mentioned how short i feel in their presence?) the two are great friends in real life and share equally exquisite taste. rue was quite right in featuring their most recent interior design work — erin’s new loft space home office; and caitlin’s work on her mum’s new san francisco apartment. both beautifully photographed by emily anderson. and speaking of some darn good taste, the entire issue of rue this month is pretty exceptional – one of my favorites.

apartment34-rue

erin-hiemstra's-office-rue

erin’s beautiful new home office space.

erin-hiemstra-office

sacramento-street-rue

caitlin-flemming-rue

caitlin’s collaboration on her mum’s new home is sublime.

caitlin-flemming-rue-magazine

• all photos by emily anderson via rue magazine.

Comments
13 Responses to “home girls.”
  1. KMP Modern says:

These two interiors are amazing. I love the Mum’s space with the warm light and the stark walls. That bed is to die for. Is it vintage? I just love the carved wood headboard. And the home office looks divine with the sheepskin rug. I can just imagine running your bare feet over it while working on emails. Thanks for posting!

2. Kat says:

Oh! I’m in heaven! Just moved into a new place this weekend…and that’s exactly the clean, relaxed feeling I hope to create in my new office space. (Of course, the first thing I set up upon moving in was a snazzy makeshift bar cart…priorities!)

xo

3. Stacy says:

Gorgeous! I love the navy rug in Erin’s home. By any chance do you know who makes it?

4. I quite love those goldy/brassy pendant lights. Both homes are so simple and clean. Love them.

5. Erin says:

Hi Stacy! The rug (though actually black!) is from Lulu & Georgia! And Janis, thrilled to hear you like the brass pendants as much as I do – they’re from HD Buttercup :)

6. Lily says:

Lovely! Both of these spaces are so light and pretty without being the least bit fussy. Off to check out the latest in Rue now…

7. Two of my favorite ladies and favorite stories from this last issue as well :)

8. Sarah says:

I’m loving the desk in Erin’s new home office – but can’t find the source on her site. Any ideas where it’s from?

• Erin says:

Hi Sarah, the desk, as quite a few items in my office are from the local SF furniture store HD Buttercup. But now you can shop them online too!

9. Sadie says:

Rue mag, Apt 34, Sac St, and SF Girl By Bay all wrapped in one! So much talent from the City!

10. Okay these offices are fantastic! Both of these ladies have such clean and elegant aesthetics.