sfgirlbybay is hiring.

ROCKSTAR-WANTED

UPDATE:i am happy to announce i have found my editorial assistant. thank you so much to everyone who submitted a resume. i have written back to each of you by now and so appreciated your thoughtful submissions.

Hey there readers! Sfgirlbybay is seeking a rockstar to hire for a Remote/work from home position, with some ocassional office hours — either working from my home or along side me at Makeshift Society — so you must be San Francisco-based. The position is paid, because as much as I hope to teach you from my personal experience, the ideal candidate can teach me a thing or two, as well.

I’m looking for beginner-to-mid-level blogging assistant to help with the following tasks including, but not limited to:

• formatting and insertion of images and copy into blog posts on WordPress — so you must know how to use wordpress very well
• advertising management — uploading new ads to server, managing advertising schedules and renewals with clients
• researching images and content online and in ‘real-time’ (i.e. shops, books, design magazines) for possible blog posts
• maintain daily postings of links/and images from blog posts on social media platforms, including Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Google+
• daily sorting of emails; prioritizing and replying to general submissions
• occasional errands, small tasks, research, prop shopping
• possible styling/photo shoot assisting, and/or shooting if you have the skill

What you need:

WordPress experience an absolute must.
• MUST be in San Francisco Bay Area. This is an absolute.
• you must love blogging and design, being that they are what my business is geared towards.
• a computer. If you have the Adobe Creative Suite, great! If not, we’ll work it out.
• strong Adobe Photoshop skills are mandatory. Illustrator skills + InDesign know-how a plus, but not required.
SEO and Google analytics knowledge valuable but not required.
• if you have a good camera and photography skills i’d love to see a link to your photos. not mandatory, but a plus.
• a design aesthetic that meshes with sfgirlbybay blog.
• good ideas. If you have ideas on how to improve a process, etc., I welcome you to bring them to the table.
• a car would be helpful, but not mandatory.
• very strong attention to detail, styling skills a big plus.
• availability for 10-15 hours/week (probably about 3 hours per day), and hopefully more as things progress. most work (ie. email management, photo research can be done from your own home).

Please send ALL of the following in an email to submissions [at] sfgirlbybay [dot] com and write ROCKSTAR in the subject title:
Your resume, online portfolio and/or links to work you’ve done, Pinterest, Tumblr, Flickr accounts if you have one and a candid note about yourself. Also let me know your desired hourly rate. Include any references for other blogs you’ve worked with if you have them.

If you’re a student or are just starting out and don’t have a huge portfolio, that’s okay — I just need something to get a sense of your design aesthetic. Sample projects, pinboards and blog posts are perfectly fine.

• photo by jaime m.

Comments
32 Responses to “sfgirlbybay is hiring.”
  1. Magali says:

Ah sounds so interesting but isn’t very relevant to me as I live in Mumbai. BUT it sounds like a dream job! Good luck to whoever gets it. Can any font wizard tell me which font ‘ROCKSTAR WANTED’ is written in?
    Thanks so much.

2. kim says:

I have a car and a sense of humor .

3. Jade Sheldon says:

I really need to move to San Francisco…. Been running across so many great opportunities, all of which seem to be in San Francisco!

4. Anuschka says:

Sounds like a great job!. Unfortunately I live in The Netherlands…or I have to move to San Francisco ;)
    Love your work!

5. Hello,
    ‘Rockstar’ with SF Girl by Bay, sounds incredible!
    However, my base is Australia but will be in San
    Francisco for 7 days this April. Would there by any possibility
    of work experience for a day? It would be wonderful to see
    behind the scenes of SF Girl by Bay! Regards, Kerrie.

6. Lucky who ever gets it! wish the job description was: obsessive seamstress and pattern drafter needed, then i would be your lady! good luck!

7. kim says:

Kidding aside , this is a dream job , an amazing opportunity for anyone and I so love that you didn’t list it as an “internship”.

8. Susan says:

Good luck in the search! And kudos to you for actually paying someone to do work. There are too many “internship” listings that ask for the same qualifications.

9. Lana says:

Hello! Is the position paid?

10. gloria says:

tempting… i live 3 hours out, i commuted to FIDM downtown for 2 years so i’m completely okay with the drive – however i would hate not being able to show up right when i am needed.

high five to the one who gets this!

11. Karen judge says:

If I had stronger Photoshop skills I’d be all over this! Best wishes to ya!

Xo
    Karen

12. Cathy says:

I hope you find the right person Victoria. What a great little job for someone! Love reading all the important things you have to know to be successful at blogging! Hard work.

13. Margarita says:

Good luck with finding the right person to work with. II am sure that it help you lots, wishing I could employ someone too, to help with the growing of the business, one day one day…

14. jessica says:

oh, what a dream job! I moved back to austin from SF, so I can’t apply…but i’ll be sending this to some friends, for sure!

15. RACHEL says:

What an exciting, incredible opportunity this would be! Fingers crossed!

16. Vanesa Bo Bessa says:

it’s about time you got some help! geezo-pete! how have you been doing it all??!!

17. Elease says:

Oh my goodness- Dream Job!! I live just an hour to an hour and half outside of the city. I would LOVE, love, love to do this position. Is it still available? That being said, I’m not sure I am quite up to scuff with every single requirement on the list. I better brush up on my skills quick! ;)

18. elizabeth says:

it sounds like a dream. i am not a blogger {designer} but i will keep my eyes and ears open. the person who gets hired is lucky!

19. Cybercin says:

Oh drats… I have all the skills as well. I even work for Adobe and am looking to transition towards my own path and creativity… but I live in Portland. I’ve been a fan for a long time. Indeed the person you select is a lucky individual.

20. decor8 holly says:

Victoria – I just hired an assistant a few weeks ago and we had our first skype meeting earlier today. It felt great. I cannot wait to have her start on April 2. It’s so important to me to have help and I can imagine it will feel the same for you – such a relief. I couldn’t find anyone here in Germany to work with me in my studio – language is always a problem because I really need someone writing in fluent English – but I opted for a virtual assistant that I’ll also meet up with in person from time-to-time so I’m thinking it will work out fine as so much of what I did is virtual anyway. Though, I must admit, I would have loved to have someone over each day just to hang out here with me as working alone can get lonely… Anyway, V, it’s a great decision that you’ve made and you will feel so much better for doing it!

Congratulations on taking such a huge step for yourself and your business!

Holly

• victoria says:

thanks holly! and congratulations to you. i can imagine the language barrier would prove a difficult challenge! skype is a great idea for you though! i’m excited about the possibilities and have received some awesome applications from some very talented people.

also – hoping to be in amsterdam for Meet The Blogger in september. will you be there?

21. Stephanie Hamilton says:

Hi victoria!

Just sent all my info to you via email. I would love the opportunity to work/for you! I have loved reading your blog so much.

Best,

Steph

22. Suzanne says:

Ugh. WHY did I move away from the Bay Area???

23. Michelle Marguth says:

Are you still accepting applications? I live in SF and would LOVE to have a chance at this.

Thanks!

Michelle

24. Jill says:

Oh what a dream job this would be for me but I’m in Santa Barbara… Congrats on finding someone!! Let me know if you ever need any help down my way! Lol! Love reading your blog!