sfgirlbybay is hiring.
UPDATE:i am happy to announce i have found my editorial assistant. thank you so much to everyone who submitted a resume. i have written back to each of you by now and so appreciated your thoughtful submissions.
Hey there readers!
Sfgirlbybay is seeking a rockstar to hire for a Remote/work from home position, with some ocassional office hours — either working from my home or along side me at Makeshift Society — so you must be San Francisco-based. The position is paid, because as much as I hope to teach you from my personal experience, the ideal candidate can teach me a thing or two, as well.
I’m looking for beginner-to-mid-level blogging assistant to help with the following tasks including, but not limited to:
• formatting and insertion of images and copy into blog posts on WordPress — so you must know how to use wordpress very well
• advertising management — uploading new ads to server, managing advertising schedules and renewals with clients
• researching images and content online and in ‘real-time’ (i.e. shops, books, design magazines) for possible blog posts
• maintain daily postings of links/and images from blog posts on social media platforms, including Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Google+
• daily sorting of emails; prioritizing and replying to general submissions
• occasional errands, small tasks, research, prop shopping
• possible styling/photo shoot assisting, and/or shooting if you have the skill
What you need:
• WordPress experience an absolute must.
• MUST be in San Francisco Bay Area. This is an absolute.
• you must love blogging and design, being that they are what my business is geared towards.
• a computer. If you have the Adobe Creative Suite, great! If not, we’ll work it out.
• strong Adobe Photoshop skills are mandatory. Illustrator skills + InDesign know-how a plus, but not required.
• SEO and Google analytics knowledge valuable but not required.
• if you have a good camera and photography skills i’d love to see a link to your photos. not mandatory, but a plus.
• a design aesthetic that meshes with sfgirlbybay blog.
• good ideas. If you have ideas on how to improve a process, etc., I welcome you to bring them to the table.
• a car would be helpful, but not mandatory.
• very strong attention to detail, styling skills a big plus.
• availability for 10-15 hours/week (probably about 3 hours per day), and hopefully more as things progress. most work (ie. email management, photo research can be done from your own home).
Please send ALL of the following in an email to submissions [at] sfgirlbybay [dot] com and write ROCKSTAR in the subject title:
Your resume, online portfolio and/or links to work you’ve done, Pinterest, Tumblr, Flickr accounts if you have one and a candid note about yourself. Also let me know your desired hourly rate. Include any references for other blogs you’ve worked with if you have them.
If you’re a student or are just starting out and don’t have a huge portfolio, that’s okay — I just need something to get a sense of your design aesthetic. Sample projects, pinboards and blog posts are perfectly fine.
• photo by jaime m.