keeping it colorful.

NicolaOrlando-dining-room-design-files

the design files.

we’re on a roll with bold colors today! words cannot properly evoke the feelings i have about this fabulous dining room lucy on the design files shared (lucy always shares the good stuff). i could live here in a heartbeat — such a wonderfully eclectic mix of vintage modern — from the victorian fireplace mantel to that great contemporary picnic-style dining table. shazam! just add a couple dashes of bold color like those painted table legs and rooms can simply come to life. here’s a few examples of what i’m talking about.

andrew-tye-photography

a colorful accent wall is just enough to spark interest, like this bright and beautiful dining room photographed by andrew tye; and jeg er jonathan’s kitchen with its pop of pink (below).

jegerjonathan-kitchen

frankie-loft

colorful moroccan rugs are an excellent way to add bold color – like this loft from frankie magazine; and below, Vinoodh Matadin and Inez van Lamsweerde’s new york loft photographed by simon watson for architectural digest.

inez-and-vinoodh-new-york-loft

colorful-home-accessories

get the look: add colorful linen pillows from mercí in paris; Florence Bouvier star cushion; diy chandelier lampshades from fjeld borg; and a bold inaluxe print.

colorful-loft

roche bobois colorful floor cushions brighten and warm up this large loft space.

designsponge

so many great pops of color in these dining area via design*sponge.

Comments
17 Responses to “keeping it colorful.”
  1. Ana says:

Yep the first room is top! I would invite myself if I would know the address. ;)

2. Ergo-Blog says:

Wow what pretty pops of color! I’d live there in a heartbeat too!

3. Oh my gosh, these are amazing!! I love color in homes – it makes me happy :) Using a whtie background really makes all of the colors go together – love! I adore the built-in bookcase in the NYC loft, and the chandelier in the 1st photo! *swoon*

4. Sara says:

Love the yellow Bravo!

5. jodi says:

i love all of these SO MUCH! totally happy making.

6. Alexa says:

Oh all of these images make me want to redecorate.

7. Amy says:

The kitchen with spotty rug is right up my style-street! Reminiscent of our kitchen diner, where we have bright spotty rug with red formica chairs we found in a brocante in the Loire Valley on holiday, love a mix of rustic and modern!

8. Elisa says:

Love love love the pops of color! The first and second shots are my faves.

9. katie says:

These are all so stylish, i love the 5th picture! Looking to add some colour to our very neutral living room soon so I’m bookmarking this to look at when I start shopping xx

10. Tabetha says:

Love the colors!! I am so tired of all white or pale gray interiors– I need color in my life!

11. Love love love all the neon pops – just a little splash gives big impact to a space. Just saw your space on the Everygirl – LOVE!

12. Sarah says:

Love the top room! Painting neon pops of color like that might be my next DIY…

13. Kim says:

These pops of bright color are fantastic! Lately I’ve been really loving neutral spaces with pops of color in the accessories.

14. Adore every single one of these spaces. I think this art (see below) would be incredible on the walls of picture 3, picture 4, and the boho loft space (picture 6)… Thank you for sharing such lovely spring color!

15. Camille says:

Gosh I love color, nothing makes me happier! Probably why my home is an explosion of color. These are great ideas for adding color to any home!

16. Simone says:

The loft in New York belongs to Vinoodh Matadin and Inez van Lamsweerde. Just saying.