cloche collections.

cloche-collection

i’ve been big into cloches lately — sometimes called bell jars. i love the unexpected little collections you can keep underneath them – like specimens to be inspected of our most beloved treasures. those sometimes strange little things we pick up in our travels and aren’t quite sure what to do with. i found this little vintage flip calendar at the perish trust and thought it might look sweet under a cloche — an interesting way for me to keep track of what day it is. same with the london stamp — a gentle reminder to myself that i need to get back there, and soon. a weird architectural finial? sure, why not. a few tiny broken branches, yep, i’ll keep them under a cloche, too. what would you keep under yours? here’s a few more ideas to inspire. you.

vintage-calendar-under-cloche

you can find vintage ones in all shapes in sizes at flea markets, etsy and ebay, or new ones at places like z gallerie, this cool sanctus cloche with a rope handle from anthropologie, or cost plus world market.

cloche-inspiring-ideas

a crocodile? okay, via pelle bergstrom; a brass skull via equipment; a bunny, check! via lily; keeping those cacti under cover seems safe, too, via emmas design blogg.

london-rubber-stamp

Comments
10 Responses to “cloche collections.”
  1. amanda says:

i am looking for a big one for my kitchen, i would keep a perfect piece of cantal under it.
    thanks for the hints on where to search,
    ps i truly do love your blog, it’s a daily escape for me
    cheers

2. I have to admit, I didn’t know the word cloche until I started watching Chopped. I’ve been collecting coral and we have a giant piece under a cloche on our coffee table. The ocean under glass…that works for me.

3. Meghan says:

You should check out Front Cafe in Potrero Hill – they display their pastries under uniquely shaped cloches too!

4. I love the cloche too. My collection of them has yet to be filled, but I am slowly finding great things to display in them.
    Great post!

5. Quinn Cooper says:

I have been into these clotches since I saw them on Emily Henderson’s desk in one of her posts where she had a little miniature doll chair under it. It was just perfect and I now just can’t get enough of them. All of these images are inspiring.
    xo Quinn
    Quinn Cooper Style

6. Camille says:

The perish trust sounds really cool, I’ll have to visit!

7. Sarolta says:

What a lovely collection! Now I have to figure out where to get these beauties in Germany.

8. Bobbi says:

I love the Victorian and “cabinet of curiosities” feel about a cloche. I didn’t know they sold them at World Market; thanks for letting us know!

9. Love these! I saw several of these available at Paxton Gate.

10. Jade Sheldon says:

I have so many lovely little trinkets I’ve collected over the years and have been dreaming of displaying them in a similar manner. It’s amazing how they can elevate a space…