i could live here: timeless chic in uruguay.

uruguay-sfgirl-tami-christiansen1-

french-by-design

hola, si here, from the french by design blog. are you ready for a new “i could live here” house tour? since spring is taking its time to show up for many of us this year, i figured we could dose up on some vitamin d, so we’re heading to sunny uruguay for a unique house tour where concrete, neon and timeless style take the center stage.

uruguay-sfgirl-tami-christiansen2

andrea and marlo acquired this 19th century home in the small village of garzón, province of rocha, uruguay, and gave carte blanche to diego montero of studio m+ to remodel the space into a modern summer home. now, andrea and marlo can enjoy a light filled space, open to the outdoors, and sparingly furnished with timeless design pieces, punctuated with vibrant splashes of electric red. oh, oui, i could live here, for sure!

si –- french by design

uruguay-sfgirl-tami-christiansen4

uruguay-sfgirl-tami-christiansen5

uruguay-sfgirl-tami-christiansen6

uruguay-sfgirl-tami-christiansen7

uruguay-sfgirl-tami-christiansen8

uruguay-sfgirl-tami-christiansen9

uruguay-sfgirl-tami-christiansen10

• photos by tami christiansen for casa vogue brasil.

Comments
12 Responses to “i could live here: timeless chic in uruguay.”
  1. Quinn Cooper says:

These images are really beautiful, love the lighting. I don’t know that I would want to live here though it doesn’t give off an inviting vibe, it is a little cold. However these images are fabulous.
    xo Quinn
    Quinn Cooper Style

2. I really love the contrast of the concrete and the colorful furniture and fabrics! It looks beautiful :)
    We are huge fans of your blog!!

Regards from Madrid,

Melissa & Atelier Decor team

3. Laura Bear says:

Beautiful space, but I agree, it looks chilly! Brrrr..!

4. Marjory says:

Beautiful, although too stoic for my taste. It looks sort of uninhabited, like it was just prepared for a photo spread with no real humans living it. :(

5. Alexa says:

Me too! I love when people incorporate bright pops of color with old rustic style. :)

6. maja says:

Loving the wide open spaces. I feel like I should know this, but what is the name of that gorgeous globe pendant?

7. Igor says:

What an incredible home! Love the rustic meets contemporary meets neon fun concoction! My fave shot is the bed with the Tulip table – love the styling!

8. Anna @ D16 says:

Man, that kitchen is the stuff my dreams are made of. And those beds! Sigh. So nice.

Maja: The light is New Zealand designer David Trubridge’s Coral pendant. I have it in my hallway, and the shadows it casts are really beautiful.

9. love it – neutral palette without being boring . . .
    Am definitely going to add the image of the floor tile embedded in concrete carpet look for my own mental home inspiration file!

10. Fabulous adore the paired back surfaces so cool! The use of red brings out such a nice vibe against the greys of stone and concrete yep i could live here!
    Carla x

11. well, i LOVE it. love the concrete, the neon, the wood, the SPACE. oh the space………stretch your arms out in every direction and not hit anything kind of space. wonderful home.