the shutterbugs: olivia rae james.

olivia-rae-james-kinfolk-dinner

i came upon the photography of olivia rae james this weekend, because of these photos — of mister freakin’ bill murray — one of my personal heroes. i can’t even imagine what it would like to be in his presence, let along be his neighbor and have the opportunity to photograph him, so i got curious about other works of olivia’s and started peeking aroud. i figured if mister murray (who i believe to be a little reclusive) would invite olivia to photograph him, she must be quite talented — and my conclusion was proven accurate. i was a little stuck for inspiration this weekend, and seeing olivia’s photos, so overflowing with southern hospitality and a very vibrant sense of life lifted me right up where i needed to be.

olivia-rae-james-bill-murray

i asked olivia if i might share a sampling of her lovely photographer and she most graciously agreed. olivia rae james shoots for kinfolk, is a wedding, portrait, and editorial photographer based in Charleston, South Carolina but will happily travel worldwide to take your picture. follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. and you can purchase some of her prints here (can i have an extra large bill murray, please?).

olivia-rae-james-coffee-shop

olivia-rae-james-photos

olivia-rae-james-kinfolk

olivia-rae-james-pie

olivia-rae-james-jumping-in-lake

olivia-rae-james-jump

olivia-rae-james-photography

olivia-rae-james-beekeepers

olivia-rae-james-photographs

Comments
16 Responses to “the shutterbugs: olivia rae james.”
  1. Sarolta says:

Very beautiful pictures, indeed! Follow her work on Instagram now :)

2. wow – just lovely.

3. Jane Y. says:

these photos are absolutely gorgeous!

4. Emily B says:

Stunning photos, than you for sharing!

5. Kinfolk is perhaps one of my favorite publicaitons – stunning images!

6. Ana says:

Great images. Have to follow her on Instagram!

7. Amanda says:

Those pictures are stunning.

8. Thanks for sharing, those photos are beautiful, I am now following this lovely ladies blog and obsessively browsing through all her photos, most inspiring

9. Jade Sheldon says:

I am such a fan of her work! I can’t even begin to imagine what it would be like to photograph Mr. Murray. I haven’t known life without that man!

10. Danielle says:

I agree, she’s so talented. I’m such a fan of her blog! Thanks for sharing :)

11. Betsy says:

Fun, beautiful images! Am I the only one who was waiting to see a photo of someone splashing into the water. We have a guy on the diving board, another guy just about to enter the water, and then nothing. I guess I need to go find my own beautiful lake to jump into (or get someone else to jump into it while I watch).

12. ebk riley says:

Thanks for sharing this lovely work!
    You brightened my day.

13. Oh!! I stumbled across a beautiful, beautiful photo some time ago, but since some jerk had put text over it I couldn’t reverse-search it. But now, mystery solved; Olivia Rae James! Thank you a million times, Victoria, for uniting me with this talented lady at long last.

14. These photos are all so stunning. Dreamy.
    And that Bill Murray shot is to die for.

15. Colleen says:

I love Olivia’s work. I’ve been reading her blog for a while and actually have one of her prints of Paris up on my office wall. Lovely images.

16. Ana Flávia says:

when i saw bill murray, it took me some time to refocus on the post!! really nice work!