a GRDN grows in brooklyn.

Ilenia-Martini-GRDN-shop

welcome to GRDN — a charming specialty garden and home store located on Hoyt Street in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. so, perhaps you’re wondering just how i’m able to share such lovely, close-up and personal photographs of it? well, we got very lucky, readers, because new york-based lifestyle and food photographer Ilenia Martini took these for me to share with you. ilenia is going to be dropping in from time to time as another contributing photographer here on sfgirlbybay. you may have recently seen her amazing photographs of the home of project runway’s gretchen jones in rue magazine. stunning!

GRDN’s owner susanne was kind enough to let Ilenia wander around and take some photos, sharing their beautifully overgrown little secret garden in the back of the shop, as well as the inside shop where so many fresh cut flowers abound. i’d be like a kid in a candystore here. Ilenia tells me that as soon as you walk in you immediately get the vibe of a great little neighborhood store — cozy and welcoming, with a really friendly staff. so brooklyn, please go visit GRDN vicariously for us, and i’ll be sure to stop by on my next trip to new york! oh, and if you’d like to follow more ilenia, check out her website and blog, it can be a lover.

Ilenia-Martini-GRDN-rooftop

GRDN’s also stocks a wide variety of interesting outdoor and indoor plants and is a full service florist. Their selection of cut flowers varies week to week with only the freshest seasonal available, and Susanne’s culinary background comes together with the garden, too: fresh herbs, raspberries, articokes, and blueberries by the bunch or stem combined with cut flowers to create beautiful and unique arrangements with a twist. GRDN’s also carries practical tools and stylish products for the urban gardener, including containers, garden ornaments, and garden furniture — no matter what size your garden apartment can accomodate.

Ilenia-Martini-GRDN-back

Ilenia-Martini-GRDN-collage

GRDN-Home-and-garden-Shop

GRDN-BROOKLYN

_Ilenia-Martini-GRDN-Florist

_Ilenia-Martini-GRDN-Shop

Ilenia-Martini-GRDN-in-Brooklyn

GRDN-Brooklyn-florist

_Ilenia-Martini-GRDN-Brookln-shop

• all photographs by Ilenia Martini.

Comments
11 Responses to “a GRDN grows in brooklyn.”
  1. Marjory says:

Swoon! Instant love, my kind of place. A paradise for garden lovers. Beauty full!

2. Sammy says:

Oh my…. just what I needed on this snowy afternoon in Minnesota.
    I’ll just be staring at these pictures for the next 15 minutes

3. Quinn Cooper says:

Had no idea this little place existed. I will be making a trip over the bridge to check this little shop out this summer!
    xo Quinn

Quinn Cooper Style

4. erin says:

This is a favorite haunt of mine. And these are beautiful photographs!

5. Rose says:

This shop looks incredible-I’m going to try to stop by this weekend, & definitely take my mom when she’s in town next month!!!

xx
    Rose
    Blonde in this City

6. honeydonthink says:

This is right around the corner from where I grew up in Boerum Hill and I love stopping by to shop when I’m in town. They carry wonderful Sapua soaps made in Red Hook, Brooklyn as well as books on gardening and cooking with what you grow like A Platter of Figs by Michael Tanis. Check out Layla less than a block away across Atlantic Avenue on Hoyt as well.

7. Cindy says:

This is the reason why the word BEAUTIFUL was created..

8. Jade Sheldon says:

Oh, this is such a magical place…

9. When I lived in Brooklyn Heights I would frequently walk over to GRDN for a lovely dose of green and pink. These are great photos, can’t wait to see what else Ilenia has in store for us!

10. LOCZIdesign says:

Our blogger just moved to Brooklyn and we love all the glorious spring and East Coast urban greenery that’s been popping up on her instagram. We’ll have to tell her about this place—it’s perfect—as are the photographs!

Great share, Victoria!

11. Sarah says:

This place is gorgeous, but the name threw me. I just assumed it was somehow affiliated with BHLDN and the URBN brand. But, that’s probably not a bad thing for them!