to italy, with love.
have you ever spent time in cinque terre, italy? it’s one of my favorite places on earth — five (thus the cinque) little villages along the italian coastline. i spent a summer here and dream of going back. you can hike trails from village to village, through vineyards and orchards with stunning views of the mediterranean. or you can take the train, or if you’re a little more adventurous hop in one of the small ferry boats and cruise to each of the five hilltop towns by sea. but no matter how you travel from village to village, it’s all bellissimo. if you’re craving this kind of escape, this trip with Bianca Gignac from italian fix may be just what you’re seeking.
Bianca fell in love with cinque terre (and her husband who’s from there) 10 years ago and has traveled there extensively vacationing and visiting family. now she hosts personalized trips that wraps her Cinque Terre insider knowledge, her family, friends and connections into a week of tremendous fun that is designed to recharge your batteries and make your life just that much sweeter. italian fix has a group trip for just ten travelers coming up, with home base the gorgeous village of Riomaggiore for 6 nights, from June 18 – June 24, 2013. It’s a get together on the Italian Riviera with people chosen to inspire, teach and entertain you in a relaxed and ultra-fun environment.
• a week of pure ‘you’ time immersed in the natural beauty of the Mediterranean coastline with daily healthy Italian meals filled with fresh vegetables, seafood and local wines.
• a room with a view of the wine terraces with your own peaceful private sunny patio dotted with jasmine blossoms.
• it’s not all just eating – there’s also exclusive access to a personal trainer and optional private daily morning fitness classes in the mediterranean air right from your hotel. just in case you want to work off some of that pasta.
• new recipes and cooking skills — learning how to prepare easy meals for your ‘real life’. You’ll also learn Italian family recipes because you’re invited to the home of a local — a night of cooking and eating, Italian style (and you’ll be raiding his wine cellar too!).
• a day of shopping with locals in a small city for those yummy Italian shoes, clothes and home decor — speaking Italian not required, or figuring out which stores to go to — You’ll have a bilingual personal shopper help you find mementos and treasures to take home.
• it’s pretty much A totally stress-free Italian getaway — a relaxed ultra-fun week away from work, obligations and your dreaded inbox. Your friendly hosts will personally show you the best sights, villages, beaches and food of the beautiful and charming cinque terre. no planning or organizing or stress because Italian Fix takes care of everything.
• this trip is designed exclusively for women of all ages and space is limited to 10 people and reservations are being taken now (this is their last trip of the year). travel on your own with the group, or bring a friend. you can see the full itinerary here and read reviews from previous attendees here. ciao!