plant life.

sea-of-shoes-east-austin-succulents

east austin succulents via sea of shoes.

more and more plant life seems to be infiltrating my pinterest stream. i like this trend — these plants are unfussy and this bit of green easily infuses life into simple rooms that might be a little bare without them. these succulents and cacti aren’t easy to kill, either — which is always appreciated by green thumb, or lack thereof one.

weekday-carnival

weekday carnival; and moonbeam tapestry from urban outfitters.

petra-bindel

petra bindel photography

petra-bindel-plant-shelf-urban-outfitters

petra bindel photography; and urban outfitters plant shelf.

succulents

hasisi park.

plant-life

uncovet.

lily

lily.

davids-melbourne-

david’s melbourne.

plants-on-shelf-designsponge

design*sponge; and urban outfitters shelf.

geninne

Geninne Zlatkis.

Comments
10 Responses to “plant life.”
  1. Quinn Cooper says:

I’m loving this plant trend. Especially the cacti and succulents.
    I just recently purchased two planters to get my indoor gardening on.
    These photos are great for inspiration!
    xo Quinn

2. Lovely!
    I’ve been known to have a bit of a black thumb when it comes to keeping plants alive and well. But I’m really keen on giving it another try this spring / summer. I started off with buying myself some loose, cut flowers the other week. And, this past weekend I picked up a potted indoor plant to give that a whirl. Next up, some herbs!
    Thanks for all the inspiration. Great start to my Monday ;)

3. Marjory says:

Yes! I don’t see the surge of plant posts and awareness as a trend but as a return to our roots. Viva la naturaleza! :) Great post!

4. Amanda says:

Even I can’t kill cactus and succulents! I am partial to succulents, I used them in the centerpieces for my wedding and they were heavenly. Thanks for the great post.

5. Libbynan says:

This is along the line of some thoughts I was having yesterday afternoon. We are vacationing on the Alabama Gulf coast and went to look at a house for sale. The lot was close to 1.5 acres and all sand. The variety of tough, little coastal plants and shrubs present was astounding. With the exception of a few palm trees and hibiscus, it was obvious that everything else was self-established. It was beautiful and wild and appropriate. Nature is a marvelous landscaper when left to herself and her landscapes are filled with natural survivors.

6. Jen says:

I could daydream about that kitchen with the window full of planters all day. And the mint green plant shelf. Great finds!

7. STEL STYLE says:

I love this planes style, the first picture is really nice!!!

8. I love what plants can do to a space! Only problem is what I do to plants… I need to get me some of those crochet ones that I can’t kill.

9. I love this plant trend too, but I have a terrible black thumb so I’m trying to think of ways to incorporate greenery in to my house that will be a little more resistent to my neglectful ways. Succulents weren’t something I’d thought of, and I have a host growing outside on my garden wall that I could try to use, thanks for the inspiration!

10. Libby says:

Love every one of these! Super inspiring :)