black forest house.

light-locations-art-display

everyone needs a black forest house, don’t you think? a modern cottage tucked away beneath green pines away from the bustle of a busy city life. i love this space from light locations, a black cladded home in east sussex, england. the light furnishings, textiles and accessories are a lovely contrast to the cottage’s modern black exterior. i’ll bet it’s quite a comforting surprise to walk in and find so much calm.

light-locations-black-cottage

light-locations-dining-area

light-locations-dining-room

light-locations-living-room

light-locations-sitting-room

light-locations-master-bedroom

light-locations-bedroom-sitting-area
light-locations-black-dresser

light-locations-guest-bedroom

light-locations-children's-room

light-locations-twin-beds

• all photos courtesy of black forst house.

Comments
14 Responses to “black forest house.”
  1. Lisa says:

I’m in love with this place! The whites and greys are just so fresh and beautiful.

2. Kari says:

I just saw a black house in a movie the other day and was thinking how cool that would be (granted I wasn’t living anywhere hot) – it’s so unexpected!

3. emily says:

love this house. i love all the soft colors, and then those tiny hints of yellow throughout. and, you can tell they love to display their collections, but they everything else is so muted that it doesn’t seem cluttered. great house.

4. Laurie says:

Yes! Yes! I would like one. Preferably on a quiet little street with a low stone wall.

5. Jade Sheldon says:

I love absolutely everything about it…

6. what a magical space!
    love, love, LOVE the palette.

7. Cathy says:

those set of beds in the last picture are something else.

8. what a beautiful home with a lot of natural light.

9. bp says:

I agree! What a dream! We all could use a cottage tucked into the woods! Even just for a long weekend!!!!

10. Stel says:

Ooo love those single beds and bookshelves!

11. Beth says:

Can you tell me the color names of the walls and where you purchased them

12. Libbynan says:

Love everything about this house except the location. If it were in the wood of northern CA it would be perfect, but anywhere in Britain – no, no, and no again. When we took our kids to England we were there from May 25 to June 8. It got above 70 degrees twice, both on the two days we had sun. For a cottage in the woods in England, you want cozy. You want color and texture and open fires and curtains on the windows to keep out cold and damp. That interior looks wonderful, but to live in it in that location you would have to be bundled up in woolens for 335 days a year!

13. maja says:

I’m totally adding this one to my Black Houses board on Pinterest!