you say rug, i say Boucherouite.

beklina-rug

beklina Boucherouite rug.

today, over on julep i’m blogging about a lovely new trend i’ve been seeing everywhere, beautiful Boucherouite rugs made in morocco. Boucherouite means “rag” in Moroccan Arabic and are often simply just called ‘Berber’. no one Boucherouite rug is alike and their colors range from sublimely subdued to courageously bold and colorful. i recently added a few to my living room and love the amount of vibrance they add to a once very black and white palette. you can find them all over — in shops like beldi and love adorned, beklina, and even Etsy shops like Bring Your Own Sunshine. Washable and not out of this world expensive, the Boucherouite is becoming a fast favorite. to see more of these lovely rugs, check out my post on julep.

Boucherouite-rug

ideat magazine.

milk-magazine

home in copenhagen, via french by design

love-adorned

love adorned.

el-ramla-hamra

el ramla hamra.

the-apartment

the apartment (above and below).

the-apartment-rug

carpet-of-life

carpet of life.

Comments
17 Responses to “you say rug, i say Boucherouite.”
  1. Erica says:

These are all so gorgeous!!! I want to take a big trip to morocco to stock up on rugs, poufs, and door knockers (my boyfriend went a few years back and brought back so many cool brass knockers!).

BTW I love the pink one you added to your living room, it looks great!

2. Ana says:

I have been seeing them all over pinterest lately. They are so beautiful, but you are right, they can be pretty pricey.

3. Ooh these make me so swoony!
    I would la-love one of these in our living room. Great trend, so chic but still bright and daring!

4. I freaking LOVE every single one if these! Thanks for sharing.

5. Linden Alley says:

Boucherouite Moroccan rugs are 50% off at Tazi Designs in San Francisco. Sale ends May 30th Fast shipping to all 50 US states. http://www.tazidesigns.com/catalog/rugs_kilims

6. Amber says:

The Boucherouite rugs I have been seeing on the web are really amazing to look at. Not only do they have wildly fabulous color combinations, but the texture makes me want to pet them and although I have not seen one in person some look almost sculptural. Thanks for sharing.

7. I love those kind of carpets! they look so warm!

8. Jess A. says:

These rugs have such attractive colors and designs! I don’t know why, but the first one reminds me of cake… Thanks for sharing!!!

9. Sally says:

i love these rugs so much! think it’s about time i booked another trip to morocco :)

10. I’m obsessed with these rugs, and vintage kilim too. They’re total eye candy and I might have a problem. Can’t stop thinking about them, buying them, blogging about them….help! They’re amazing, especially against a white room backdrop. Oh how I wish I had white walls to work with (I rent so I have to put up with bad wall colors).

11. Erna says:

loovvee all of these bright happy ,Im feelin at home rugs !thinking of taking on a challenge and trying my hand at one ,any ideas how ?? :))

12. Monika says:

Those rugs are beyond beautiful!! Perfect to add a bohemian vibe and pop of color to the space!! Love it!!

13. Adrienne says:

These rugs make you feel all warm inside, love the colours and have seen a few of them in Morocco in the hotel we stayed at a couple of years ago.

14. Cassie says: