i could live here: art at the convent.

brava-Serge-Magnano-Sfgirl-1

french-by-design

ciao, si from the french by design blog here. today, we’re visiting a 13th-century-old franciscan convent in brianza, lombardy region, italy, brilliantly renovated as an artist’s home and studio.

in this 13th century brianza franciscan convent, partially destroyed during WW2, lives architect and painter marco grassi. marco, who curated himself the renovation project, has kept most of the original internal structure such as the ceiling beams and part of the original brick walls. in marco’s gorgeous home, vintage, design, paintings and sculptures co-exist in harmony, giving the space a unique character.

si –- french by design

brava-Serge-Magnano-Sfgirl-2

brava-Serge-Magnano-Sfgirl-3

brava-Serge-Magnano-Sfgirl-4

brava-Serge-Magnano-Sfgirl-5

brava-Serge-Magnano-Sfgirl-6

• photos by sergio magnono for brava casa magazine.

Comments
19 Responses to “i could live here: art at the convent.”
  1. Harmony says:

wow qué maravilla!!!!
    yo tb podría vivir ahí perfectamente ;-))

2. Beautiful! I love these homes that combine old architecture elements with new design. I would live here in a heartbeat.

3. what a beautiful space to live in!

4. Julie says:

When I first saw the pics without reading the text, I was thinking what a hip bunch of nuns were living here! lol. So pretty!

5. This is my absolute dream home! Complete with a Yoshitomo Nara painting!!

6. tote tribe says:

I like the concret floors!

7. emily says:

gorgeous! I love how the walls and floors are the same color and just run together…it helps the artwork and furniture really stand out! gorgeous space.

8. ayo says:

fantastic i really love this postfantastic i really love this post

9. Hilary Olivier says:

I love this and I think Sister Helen George would love it too.

10. Stella says:

It’s stunning!
    Love the big paints and the raw work office table.Love the concrete floor and the stone details.

Thanks for sharing!

11. I could certainly live there, it feels so light and spacious – and very serene!

12. The ART is fantastic in this home, and yes, at first I thought nuns lived here too! Just a really gorgeous space.

13. Gorgeous!! I love the the color and texture of the walls..the layout..and the art of-course is fantastic..xx meenal

14. Kelly says:

This is absolutely stunning and inspiring. I love that little peek of bathtub.
    xo kelly http://www.volatizingtheesters.com/

15. Yuri says:

.. as an artist I don´t think of home decor while creating the painting but its always so thrilling to see how my clients decorate their places with them. I´m sure the artists who created the featured paintings would be satisfied with the placement of paintings and the complete harmony of the space.

16. Cassidy says:

I could live here too! Its so pretty and perfect!

17. amber says:

This is a very interesting space and style. I absolutely love it. It is what I call “Progressive Peasant” style. It has some rustic/diy pieces, with modern and artsy pieces that all play off of each other beautifully. Like, French country home meets modern, meets bohemian.

I also love the little splashes of kid friendly features… the rubber duck above the bath tub, the colorful plates and sippy cups,

Tres chic.

18. Julie K. says:

That kitchen is gorgeous! And I just love the ceilings. I don’t know about the paintings and the tub though, I’d probably change that. But it’s really pretty!

19. Misred says:

The art in this post are great!