NM | BEST OF

001 Yearbook

Tucked in the southwest side of Chicago is the charming shop, Yearbook. Store owners, Jef & Noel, have created a unique collection of academic paraphernalia mixed with essential home goods. It’s almost like they walked into the movie set Dead Poets Society and took all the beautiful props. It’s meticulously merchandised in a way that you can’t help but be inspired to decorate your home with one of their products. I personally fell in love with their vintage collegiate selection. The framed yale flag, school house chairs, jacket pins, trophies…I wanted it all!

what’s one of your favorite shops that has inspired you lately?

- Nathan Michael

002 Yearbook

003 Yearbook

004 Yearbook

005 Yearbook

006 Yearbook

007 Yearbook

008 Yearbook

009 Yearbook

- all photographs by nathan michael

- keep up with nathan’s travels by following him on instagram.

Comments
18 Responses to “NM | BEST OF”
  1. WOW, this place looks absolutely amazing!
    we take weekend trips to chicago quite often, definitely going to be visiting yearbook next time.

Molly {Dreams in HD}

2. Danielle says:

Next time I’m in Chicago, I’ll definitely need to stock up on any ‘Cuse memorabilia!

3. Michelle says:

This looks like a fantastic store to get lost in!

4. I absolutely love the way the store is curated!

5. Leslie says:

Thanks for featuring this spot! I’m sooo going to visit when I’m in Chicago this fall. Here in SF, I get a ton of similar inspiration from The Perish Trust and Big Daddy Antiques. I featured both with tons of pictures, too.

6. Andrea says:

Aw man! I was really hoping this place was in San Francisco! Oh well, now I have to plan a trip to Chicago!! :)

7. Yuri says:

..absolutely inspiring place!

8. Bethan says:

This is very cool, and great inspiration for my upcoming trip to Chicago! At home, liberty is always a magical, inspiring place – imagine beautifully curated, artfully crowded wood panelled rooms.

9. Godard Girl says:

Swoon, this place looks spectacular, the kind of bazaar that belongs on a set. I agree with Beth that Liberty of London is definitely the most inspiring big store in Britain.
    Ruth (WhatTheMiceSawFromThe Table)

10. Adrienne says:

There needs to be more unique stores like this, you could spend hours looking at this kind of stuff.

11. Cristine says:

Okay, so I’m a bit biases since I work at this shop but Noun: A Person’s Place for Things in Portland, Oregon has a great selection of vintage goodies that you might enjoy.
    Check it out next time you’re in PDX! :)