oakland’s lost & found.

lost and found, oakland

The newest addition to Oakland’s Rockridge neighborhood is Lost & Found, a gorgeous curation of oddities, furniture and art. Lost & Found is the creation of three friends: Alison McLennan the Furniture Maker, Brooke Livingston the Interior Designer and Erik Whitaker the Vintage Treasure Hunter. Located in my favorite Oakland neighborhood and with their powers combined, this beautiful gem of a shop was born.

Lost & Found is a mix of vintage finds, refurnished goods, and cool new pieces – many of them created by owner Alison McLennan. I loved her Z Nesting tables with built in coasters and that doubled as stools. Next time you’re in Oakland, make sure you stop in and check out the gorgeous chalk wall by Micah Rivera. Lost & Found is open Wednesday through Sunday and a perfect stop before strolling up and down college avenue through the eclectic mix of boutiques and restaurants that make up this super fun neighborhood.

lost and found, oakland

lost and found, oakland

lost and found, oakland

lost and found, oakland

lost and found, oakland

lost and found, oakland

lost and found, oakland

lost and found, oakland

lost and found, oakland

• all photos by rachelle dunn.

Comments
18 Responses to “oakland’s lost & found.”
  1. Anni says:

Love this space, so many pieces pop out at me just from the photos – those reupholstered chairs in the last one especially! Mmm, so pretty.

2. Samm says:

I might need to stop following your blog because it makes me hate my life and die of jealousy. Like, actually .

3. Candi says:

Such a lovely store…very cool offerings.

4. Love! I wish I lived in Portland! So many neat tables and lamps in there. I once went to a store called Lost & Found in New Orleans, but she had more vintage clothing than furniture ~ great concept for a store though. :)

5. Oooh..what a dreamy store!! :) Loving the chalkboard text – and how spiffy does all the gorgeous vintage look with the clean white walls? Love!

6. What a great space!!! I like the chalkboard wall and I love so many pieces in these photos!

7. abby says:

Such a beautiful shop! The chalkboard wall is awesome! We have some awesome vintage shops in Lancaster…hmmm I should showcase them like this :) Did you contact the owners of the shop first? If so, how did you contact them? I’m just wondering for my own research :)

• rachelle says:

hi abby! brooke actually sent a note to let us know about their grand opening and i made my way down to the shop the next week. it is a super cool space!

8. sarah says:

amazing find:)

9. Cathy says:

Right next to where I work! Come visit Loot right next door if you like Traditional-upscale antiques… We are really happy to have Lost & Found as a neighbor in what has been either a doctors office, or fast food eatery location for many years now. Next week- S.F.’s A16 is opening across the street. We welcome them too!

10. Oooh, I’m so excited to check this place out! I haven’t been yet and I’ve been meaning to go, your pictures and post just gave me extra incentive :)

11. This store looks fantastic!
    I think the “vintage treasure hunter” has lot of talent to find such wonderful items!
    Best of luck to lost & found!

12. Aah…I could live in this store. It looks amazing. Note to self: must move to Oakland.

13. Museum of Craft and Design says:

We’ve known and admired these talented folks for years! What a charming and fantastic little shop. Can’t wait to visit! Congrats!

14. Nicole says:

I HAVE to find this place!
    I am located in DT Oakland… shouldn’t be that long of a trek :)

xo

Nicole

15. Heather says:

nice!! i drove by this a few weeks ago and was curious…now will def check out soon, thanks rachelle! :)