dark & dramatic.

hk-living-black-wall

hk living.

the home in italy which contributor si of french by design shared with us here this morning was light and airy and oh so lovely. but now, well we’re headed to the dark side. opposites attract as they say, and much unlike how i like my men, i love a moody, dark and dramatic space. leave the drama to the decor! here’s some dark and stormy rooms, rich with theatrical style that i could really cozy up to.

ellen-degeneres-elle-decor

ellen DeGeneres and portia de rossi’s home, via elle decor.

mikkel-vang-photography

satyagraha-house

Gandhi’s one-time Joburg bungalow, satyagraha house via house & leisure.

DARK-&-DRAMATIC

granit lighting; Rethink: the way you live by Amanda Talbot, mikkel vang photography / Published by Murdoch Books.; Casa La Atalaya by Alberto Kalach via delood; baccarat via yatzer; petra bindel.

skona-hem-black-wainscoting

sköna hem.

fabrizio-cicconi-via-secondalinea

fabrizio cicconi photography via secondalinea.

charcoal-gray-office-walls

grey likes nesting.

siesta

siesta; and photographer chris court.

Comments
13 Responses to “dark & dramatic.”
  1. anisa says:

Lovely rooms especially that bedroom which looks so cosy!

2. Monica says:

loved the light and airy but the dark and mysterious has so many great nooks and little special pieces like the chandelier, desk nooks, great dark wall paints…love

3. Samm says:

The lamp next to the bed is to die for, I love that, so girlie and casual.

XO,
    Samm

4. sally says:

that first image is so striking! i’m really loving dark walls at the moment, i’d like to have a dark wall when i get my own place.

5. Cathy says:

love black. The dining room by house and leisure is really really nice. Also nice work station.

6. sarah says:

Love the open knife rack in that kitchen—the murder room from a dark novel….
    also love the half black wall! that is something i would love to do at home, but alas, my husband hates any dark colors at home :)

7. Andrea says:

This vibe is so hip. This is exactly what I’m striving for in parts of my house! Thanks for sharing!

boho bunnie

8. Hi Love this post. Can you correct the credit for some of the images you have featured. The Mikkel Vang photos belong to my book Rethink: The Way You Live. I would really LOVE if you can change the captioning too Rethink: the way you live by Amanda Talbot. Photos – Mikkel Vang. Published by Murdoch Books. I’m sorry for the change but a lot of hard work went into the book and any help in promoting it would be very much appreciated.

9. Vicki Archer says:

Love the third photo…its beautiful. The dark greys are my favourite..xv

10. Cassidy says:

So pretty! I am such a bright and light person but I love good dark images too. These are great!

11. ileana says:

Stunning interiors. You’ve given me lots of ideas.