coffee talk.

jcpenney-home-michael-graves-collection

there’s a new coffee maker in town and it’s definitely got me talking. it’s the new michael graves design coffee maker at jcpenney and it’s sleek and shiny and looks pretty great on my kitchen countertop. A renowned architect and product designer, michael Graves has been called a modern day Michelangelo, and He believes great design shouldn’t have to be expensive. so he’s made a whole collection for jcpenney. yay, mister graves!

jcpenney-home-michael-graves-coffee-maker

michael-graves-collection-for-jcpenneyhome

there’s a whole collection to go with the handsome coffee maker — a sweet michael graves toaster in the shape of, you guess it — toast. there’s great cafe cups and beautiful acacia wood serving trays and cutting board sets. we thought we’d take them out for a test drive and make a little breakfast this morning. i stopped off and got some local beans, a freshly baked loaf of bread and fruit, and oh yeah a quick stop at craftsman & wolves for a few pastries just to mix it up. this is what i like to call breakfast! very european, no? i invited my neighbor, photographer cindy loughridge over and i made her rush through some shots so we could drink the coffee and eats the goods! so pretty — good enough to eat, indeed! you can see the whole beautiful michael graves collection over at jcpenney home.

michael-graves-toaster-for-jcpenneyhome

michael-graves-coffee-cups-for-jcpenneyhome

michael-graves-for-jcpenneyhome-breakfast

michael-graves-design-for-jcpenneyhome

michael-graves-cutting-board-for-jcpenneyhome

• all photos by cindy loughridge.

this post in partnership with jcpenney, but all opinions expressed are my own.

Comments
17 Responses to “coffee talk.”
  1. Oh my what a beautiful set of pictures and what a scrumptious looking breakfast!!!

2. Sarah says:

oh m gee! that toaster is too wonderful, thank you for sharing this. haven’t thought jcp could be so neat:)

3. Gorgeous photos and composition. I love what JC Penny has going on right now. (Also I’m slightly bias because I bought a ton of stock when they hired Nick Wooster.) Thanks for the inspiration!

4. Keyse says:

I love that coffee maker and toaster oven! But really….that sugar bowl is adorable!

5. I might need that toaster, and these photos are making me hungry, yum!

6. ally says:

I love alllllll of his collection at jcpenney! gahhhh

7. bp says:

Wow, such a good spread! I don’t even drink coffee, but I would love to give it to a friend who I KNOW will love it as a gift! Hooray JCPenny for making style affordable!

8. Angela says:

I can’t stop staring at those croissants, it’s been ages since I had a decent croissant (I also love the pictures of course!)

9. Rebekah says:

Very pretty styling!

10. Victoria,

I’ve been eyeing the Michael Graves toaster for a while. I’m moving into my own apartment for the first time and my roommate is the one w/ the toaster, so this means I’m in the market for a toaster of my own.

Is it worth the $50? In other words, does it feel sturdy/well-made and does it toast well and evenly? I love it, but don’t want to sacrifice high quality and function for design and a sort-of high price tag.

Thanks for your opinion!

Miro

• victoria says:

i think it’s a great toaster – feels really well made and sturdy, the slots are wide enough for bagels and thick toast. i think it’s a great value. and it’s adorable. :)

11. Aggie says:

Wait one moment, on a total side note from the beautiful kitchenware, what is that amazing looking thing that looks like it has an egg baked into it?! I need to know, eggs are my perfect breakfast!

12. Kathryn says:

Oh my goodness I love this! I hope they make more useful things pretty (and affordable) like this… thanks for sharing. :)

13. Yuri says:

although I´m not a breakfast fan, but looking at this photos I wouldn´t be able to resist the temptation to have a decent breakfast. Great presentation of the product! BRAVO!

14. Lori says:

Love this post! My daughter and I went to San Francisco over spring break and used your site as a guide to check out a couple of places that we hadn’t been to before, including Craftsman and Wolves, which is now my daughter’s absolute favorite place. Seeing the Rebel Within made me hungry for some more deliciousness… I think a summer trip may be in order!
    Lori