past & present. a handmade giveaway.
isn’t this pendant lamp stunning? and it’s handmade and designed by the wild unknown! it’s one of the projects included in Design*Sponge managing editor Amy Azzarito’s new book, past & present and today we’re giving it away to one very fortunate sfgirlbybay reader. amy’s beautiful book just came out in March in which she shares 24 essays in design history and then asked for artists and designers to translate those design history moments into some amazing DIY projects. a graduate of the Parsons/Cooper-Hewitt with a Master’s in the History of Decorative Arts and Design, amy knows of which she writes! to celebrate the book launch of past & present, we’re going to give away this beautiful pendant lamp, and two runners-up will win a copy of the book.
In past & present, amy presents craft projects that explore the connection between decorative arts history and present-day design trends. From a Wedgwood-inspired headboard made using molding from the hardware store to this art nouveau–style tree-branch chandelier designed by the wild unknown, the projects celebrate their roots yet fit perfectly into contemporary living spaces — contributed by some of today’s best-known arbiters of design, such as Todd Oldham, Jonathan Adler, and Grace Bonney.
*** COMMENTS ARE NOW CLOSED. THANKS FOR ENTERING!
to enter to win the art nouveau-style tree-branch chandelier, or a copy of past & present, simply:
• comment here on the blog letting us know where you’d hang this beautiful handmade pendant lamp.
• comment by Friday, june 28th midnight, PST.
• as always, be sure to leave a way to reach you via twitter, facebook, email or your website.
• we’ll select a winner at random and announce the winner on my twitter account the week of july 1st, so be sure and follow along.
• so sorry, but this time the giveaway applies to u.s. residents, only.