thoughts for a friday.
so, exciting news readers! as you read this, i’m having my gallbladder removed. yes, i know TMI. you may have seen my tweets about this recent discovery that, yes i have gallstones. bleeck, right? it’s really painful. like the kinda pain you don’t even wish on your worst enemy, so out goes the gallbladder. bye-bye. i’m trying to envision the tiny stones look like these pretty gemz, by amber ibarreche. wouldn’t that be nice? all pretty and shiny. but i’m sure they actually look nothing like this. but one can pretend when one is about to go under the knife. and, honestly, i can’t even say that which makes it oh so less dramatic, because nowadays they do it laparoscopically, so no “nurse, 10 blade, please”. just some crazy gizmo to take the bloody (no pun intended) thing out. anyway, i digress. i do that when i’m a little nervous. but i’m hear to tell you that i’ll be out for a week recovering, but you’ll be in the good hands of some lovely guest bloggers, so never fear — plenty to see here next week!
• i’d much rather be sticking these ban.do love riots in my hair, than getting surgery. but hey, we can’t always have the stones we want. you gotta love the stones you’re with. or something like that. but, aren’t these pretty? maybe i’ll wear them with my green hospital gown.
• perhaps i shall bead the hellish little stones, like this aLCHEMY Australian Found Wood Necklace. made from fallen and salvaged Australian timber, these are ‘organic’ too — just like my little stones, only made from wood. it could work, right?
• i think i may deserve a little ‘reward for good behavior bauble’ for myself today, too. how about one of these stones? a vintage cocktail ring from BHLDN? yes, i do think one of these would do nicely and fancy up my hospital gown.
• maybe i’ll grab myself some rock candy swizzle sticks like these from hostess with the mostess for my tea. wouldn’t that be fancy-pants? or better yet, swizzle some pain-numbing cocktail with them.
• and maybe i’ll just listen to the rolling stones all week while i recover. perhaps a little sympathy for the devil? sympathy for someone — namely me! i’ll miss you guys and be thinking of you. see you back here in a week!