greek island style.

lonny-seaside-home

the new issue of lonny magazine shares the home of photographer mirabelle martin on the greek island of hyrda. good name for an island, no? apparently hydra has been a destination spot for all kinds of artists seeking inspiration since the 1930′s and it’s easy to see why. colorful, yet serene (there’s no cars or motorbikes) with hillsides boasting majestic views of an aegean seashore dotted with tiny bobbing boats. the home is rustic and charming filled with brilliant textiles and traditional greek artifacts. i’m ready to sail away and land right here. you coming along? for the full tour and interview with mirabelle martin, visit lonny.

GREECE-HOME

lonny-island-kitchen

island-house-lonny

lonny-greek-home

lonny-house-table

• photos by ingalls photography for lonny.

Comments
9 Responses to “greek island style.”
  1. Monica says:

I love the pics above, absolutely love the colors. I have packed my bags and am ready to go.

2. rachel says:

how do some folks manage to make things so sparse and yet still comfortable and welcoming? i think it most involve way more cleaning than i’m into.

3. Kristin says:

Wow! I really love how this is not just blue and white. :)

4. I’m convinced you can only pull this look off in places like Greece and the South of France! Up here in Toronto it would look ridiculous and that makes me so sad. It’s just so lovely – nice and airy and effortless!

5. mlleparadis says:

love how it’s all about the fabrics giving the space color and texture.

6. Julian Hazlett says:

It’s paradise on earth. I love it.

7. kimtram says:

This place is pretty much what I picture paradise to be in my head. There’s so much inspirations everywhere you look! I hope to be able to visit here someday! Definitely going to put on my to-do list! Thank you for sharing the amazing photos!

8. Cathy says:

Wow. What is that beautiful piece above the kitchen counter? I haven’t looked at your site for a week and scrolling from today’s post down to here, all the images are like one long thread with a similar theme in them. I see Organic Elegance. Earthly Charm . Grounded Beauty.