a house that goes pop!

est-mag-mish-house

here’s something bright and cheerful to wake you up this monday morning! est magazine shares this two-story Victorian terrace in inner Melbourne that is clean and crisp with vibrant colors for lots of punch. the home of food stylist mish lilley, this home is spare but bold and warm — with fantastic bits of bright orange popping up here and there. not to mention that amazing modern chandelier contrasted with the ornate victorian ceiling medallion — i love that! Mish has a great blog, too — Mish Delish where she shares her passion for styling, photography and recipe writing. check out est for the full home tour.

est-mag-mish-lilley-bookcase

est-mag-mish-lilley-dining-area

est-mag-mish-lilley-books

est-mag-mish-lilley-home

est-mag-mish-lilley-bedroom

est-mag-mish-lilley-chalkboard

est-mag-mish-lilley-twin-beds

• photography by tara pearce for est magazine.

Comments
18 Responses to “a house that goes pop!”
  1. Martyna says:

I love the pop up of colours in here, it looks amazing! xx

Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

2. Jen says:

I never thought of black (as in the framed chalkboard) offering a “pop” of color but it works beautifully.

3. The Office Stylist says:

Love the red light fixture in the kids bedroom! Plus with the chevron striped bedding its absolutely perfect!

–Sayeh, The Office Stylist

4. Zandra says:

Wow! This house is to die for! I went color crazy for a few years and everything in my home was a vibrant color and with unexpected combinations of colors. This past year, I started to tone everything down but leave one or two pops of color in every room, sprinkled with some black. I totally resonate with this house so thank you for sharing!

5. We love the contrasting red chandelier and victorian ceiling medallion! What an eclectic combination. This post alone is pretty amazing overall. The pops of color truly livens the spaces. Well done SF Girl by Bay! We LOVE your blog!!!

Warm regards,
    Michelle | Purehome.com

6. Kaleigh says:

Wow! Gorgeous! I’d love to live in a space like this, simple, clean lines, and great pops of color!

7. Carolyn says:

This exists in Melbourne?!? It honestly looks like something out of New York. I love her style though!

8. Andi says:

Not really my style, but I totally dig it!

9. Vickie Tucker says:

I love love love glossy black with white, great job!

10. lori says:

Hi Victoria,

I have been an admirer of your blog for over a year now……..I just love it!
    I was wondering why the last few days, I don’t find a Pin it circle on your photos…….
    is it my computer? The other question was how can I email you personally?
    thanks much!

11. I love the bright pops of color against the neutral palette. Beautiful

12. Charly Brown says:

I love these rooms. Totally inspiring!
    I’ve abandoned color the last few years & I’m craving it now.
    After awhile black, white, wood & gray can get depressing!
    Great ideas – thanks.

13. Soothing and energetic both at the same time….lovely!

14. adam says:

i spy some beautiful rachel castle bedding in the last image. amazin!