let’s get cozy.

blankets

even though here in san francisco we’re starting to enjoy our indian summer, in the rest of the states, and in many other countries, it’s beginning to look a lot like fall. it’s time to get out our favorite blankets and throws and snuggle up on those chilly afternoons reading, or evenings chatting by the fire. i have quite a large stash of blankets myself — one might call it a bit of an addiction. i have many vintage blankets i’ve thrifted over the years from flea markets and etsy, and a few other favorite fuzzy warm ones with a more modern twist — stacked together they make for a colorful collection atop my armoire and easily accessible when the evening chill sets in. here’s a few others i love.

crochet-throw-couvertureandthegarbstore

i might do many improper and unseemly things just to get my hands on this Leonor Crochet Blanket by Miga de Pan, Made by hand in Argentina, at couverture and the garbstore.

MILLE-STRIPED-THROW

this is a really pretty striped BOLIVIAN FRASADA WOOL blanket from mille.

PINK-AND-BLACK-BLANKETS

pink pom pom throw from hattan home, and anthropologie’s black & white dotto sweater throw.

MODERN-BLANKETS

ferm living’s new squares blanket is a modern beauty! and a super sweet half moon blanket from poketo. made for kids, but i don’t see why grown-ups can’t have one, too.

PASTEL-&-GRAY-THROWS

donna wilson’s pretty pink house throw, and her wooly wood throw. serena & lily’s charcoal and dusty lilac and gray throw.

Comments
22 Responses to “let’s get cozy.”
  1. Lindsay says:

Thanks for including the pink pom pom!! Yay!

2. Nicole says:

Beautiful choices- I want them all!
    ESP love the one from Hattan Home :)

Nicole

3. Sally says:

Gorgeous collection – I’ve had a Donna Wilson blanket on my wish list for a couple of years! The season just changed sooo dramatically in London this weekend, it’s definitely blanket time here! Hope you enjoy your sunny weather!

4. Zandra Zuraw says:

I absolutely love the crocheted throw by Couveture & Garbstone! I’m swooning over the mix of traditional handcrafted crochet with a very modern color palette! Thanks for sharing!

5. I love the ones from Poketo and Ferm! Can’t wait for it to get cold!

xx
    youngmildandfree.wordpress.com

6. Godard_girl says:

Weather is definitely starting to turn ones thoughts to hibernation in London. I have a real weakness for blankets too, love the Anthropologie one, simple but beautiful. This year I purchaesd a gorgeous Tweedmill pink beehive one to hunker down with a coco and a good book…

7. PLUM says:

This is such a perfectly timed post as it feels like someone has literally flicked the switch and TURNED ON THE AUTUMN here in London! And as soon as it turns a bit autumnal I love nothing more than cuddling up with a blanket. So thank-you for inspiring me and filling my head with lusty woolen thoughts! Gorgeous selection.

8. Sara Gray says:

This makes me so excited for fall! I can’t wait to curl up with a good book and listen to the rain.

9. I can’t decide which one I love most. They are all so lovely…

10. Rachael says:

I dunno what brands they carry at Nest in SF but those are some delicious blankets too.

11. shari says:

Hi Victoria,

I’d love for you to check out my new cross blanket design (eco friendly, mad in the USA, soooo soft!!) : http://www.spearmintlove.com/eco-cross-blanket-cream-black/

thanks so much, Shari

12. Marjory says:

All gorgeous. Love the couverture and the garbstore pattern!

13. Sarah says:

Lovely selection Victoria! Beautiful colours and patterns…
    I live in Delhi, so we have the real Indian summer! ;) We felt the season change this week though – just a slight nip in the air, and a distinct smell of fall coming… looking forward to being able to cosy up in a few months time!

14. Charisse says:

Love this post!! All of the blankets are beautiful! Question- where did you get your armoire? Thanks!!

15. Sasha says:

Where did you get that sexy little black/pink/peach number on the right?

16. Andi says:

OMG I want the pink pom pom one! So gorgeous!!!

17. Laura says:

I’ll take the gorgeous Bolivian stripy number! I love handmade…