edible rooms: : Prosciutto, Fig, and Spinach Pesto Bruschetta.
hey guys! Are you getting ready for the holidays? i know it’s kinda early to ask, but i’ve already seen people pinning gift ideas! i don’t know about you, but i’m one of those that waits until the last minute to get them. ha! the joys of running around the mall.
one thing i never forget though, is to plan a few recipes in advance (i mean food is sacred, right?). for today’s edition of edible rooms, i am going to share with you a super easy recipe to make a delicious appy that will make you the star of every holiday party you attend…along with your karaoke skills, of course.
grab your favourite holiday playlist and let’s make prosciutto, fig, and spinach pesto bruschetta.
prosciutto, fig, and spinach pesto bruschetta.
makes 6 portions
- 6 slices of a nice rustic bread
- extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- basket of fresh figs (dried figs work too)
for the pesto:
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 clove of garlic (half if you don’t like to get stinky)
- 1/4 cup of walnuts (cheaper than pine nuts and just as tasty)
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese (the real one!)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
1. make the pesto: add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until they form a chunky paste (not a puree!). add extra oil if needed.
2. toast or grill the bread slices
3. spread some pesto on the toasted bread, then place the prosciutto and try to make pretty ribbons with it. top with figs, a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of fresh cracked pepper, and a few thin slices of parmesan cheese.
done and done. it’s mighty tasty and a total time saver. pair it up with some vino and you’re set for success (including lots of thank you gifts from your guests).
’til next time! Gab from The Artful Desperado.