tuesday’s girl: warm and wooly.

COSY-TIME

paint-by-number via honestly wtf; hansel from basel socks.

oh man, what happened to san francisco? the other day we were basking in our indian summer and the next thing i know i’m blogging from bed with two down comforters and a space heater pointed directly at me. brrrrr. it’s time to break out the warm and wooly stuff. i’m gonna stock up on cute socks and tights, and pull out the cute cableknit sweaters. is it getting chilly around your house, too? it’s almost time to start typing with the fingerless gloves! stay warm everyone!

antipast-socks-japan

antipast socks from japan.

boden-sweater-and-hat

boden chevron yoke sweater; ebay bark cloth; cashmere beanie with pompom from boden; and deer illustration via flickr.

socks

envelope’s antipast socks.

socks-and-sweaters

Rose Red Flower Pattern Metallic Yoke Sweater; antipast lace socks from twig; insieme pink polka dot cardigan from anthropologie; and run the field antipast socks.

Comments
12 Responses to “tuesday’s girl: warm and wooly.”
  1. such great picks! especially love the boden hat and sweater.

Molly {Dreams in HD}

2. Alecia says:

yeah it is getting pretty chilly in Chicago – however it is going to get way worse. Not looking forward to that, so I can appreciate some thick socks to wear. Sometimes I even double up it -yep it totally gets that cold here.

3. Suzanne says:

Hi there,

I would like to point out the cultural offensiveness of the term you used to describe an extended summer. It is enough of a problem to me that I will no longer follow your posts, and I encourage you to consider more carefully the appropriateness of such colloquialisms in the future.

Sincerely,
    Suzanne.

• victoria says:

hi suzanne,

i’m very sorry to have offended you, but indian summer refers to a period of warm weather in late autumn or early winter that we experience here in san francisco september through october. nothing more. i don’t believe that to be an offensive term.

“spell of warm weather after the first frost,” first recorded 1778, American English, perhaps so called because it was first noted in regions inhabited by Indians, or because the Indians first described it to the Europeans. No evidence connects it with the color of fall leaves or a season of Indian attacks on settlements. It is the American version of British All-Hallows summer, French été de la Saint-Martin (feast day Nov. 11), etc. Also colloquial was St. Luke’s summer (or little summer), period of warm weather occurring about St. Luke’s day (Oct. 18).”

again – i think of it in very fond terms, and have googled it and it does not seem to be deemed offensive. all the best,
      victoria

4. I need that rose red sweater in my closet ASAP! It’s finally getting cool down here in NC and I love it!! :)

5. I think the change must have happened about the day arrived – week ago Monday (10/21). The forecast had predicted warmer weather, and all the locals were saying “it was warmer yesterday!” Sorry if I had anything to do with it. I meant to bring nothing but sunshine!

6. maggie says:

Lovely picks! It is getting chillier here in LA and I am actually wearing flannel today! I was way too excited. Can’t wait until it’s full-fledged sweater weather down here!

7. Jessica Smith says:

I think that You collected a GREAT variety! I love them all!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! it makes me so happy :)

8. Stephanie says:

I’ve been digging that Boden sweater for a while now, and I love all the socks you featured. So cozy and adorable.

9. Ashe says:

I adore that rose sweater, makes me so sad that summer is fast approaching in Sydney!

10. It is FREEZING here in Portland! Surprisingly though we haven’t had much rain. Every single day I wake up thinking that today is the day the rain will come but so far its been nothing but blue skies…

11. It’s been colder and colder here in Michigan too – I miss the summertime already! (PS, I LOVE that polka dot cardigan!)