for the midcentury modernist: cedar & moss.

CEDAR-&-MOSS-LIGHTING

Welcome to Cedar & Moss, a new collection of modern and midcentury lighting forest-made near Portland, Oregon in a design studio surrounded by tall cedar trees. After more than ten years as a designer in the industry, michelle steinback decided to venture out and start her own lighting studio and today I’m thrilled to share her new collection and company, Cedar & Moss.

cedar-&-moss-mid-century-modern-lighting

michelle was inspired to start Cedar & Moss about a year ago when she and her family and moved into an Eichler-style ranch home. unable to find exactly what she wanted for their home, she put her lighting experience to work. The designs she created for her own home led to more and more ideas, and this process eventually led to the creation of Cedar & Moss. This initial collection offers both midcentury classics and minimalist designs that are sparely elegant and composed — they feel at once fresh yet familiar, a blend of then and now.

MIDCENTURY-MODERN-LIGHTING-FROM-CEDAR-&-MOSS

Comments
8 Responses to “for the midcentury modernist: cedar & moss.”
  1. oh my gosh these lighting options are fantastic!
    thanks so much for sharing.

Molly {Dreams in HD}

2. Amanda says:

I’ve been looking for some excellent mid-century lighting FOREVER (definitely attributable to the apartment-hunting bug), and these examples are brilliant. Really gorgeous design. Thank you so much for sharing!!

3. Alecia says:

I love to hear when people start businesses out of a need or a simple idea and live out what they love.

4. Sonya says:

So simple. So classy! Excellent work!

5. maggie says:

I LOVE these! And they are well priced!

6. Kay says:

This light are just beautiful! I wish Michelle great success with her new company, Cedar and Moss, great designs !

7. jen says:

What a great find! They’re beautiful. All my furniture is mid century modern and I’m always looking for lighting that would compliment.

8. mardi wood says:

I am building an architect designed riverbank cabin on the Columbia River….Washington side on our family property from 100 years ago…beautiful secluded property….across from the 205 bridge…..
    We are at the point of selecting lighting…
    Can I visit you?
    Where exactly are you located?
    Although I grew up here, I now live in Bolinas, California. As you will see on my website I am a potter. I am visiting here only through next Monday.
    I don’t find an address or phone number on your site…
    I hope to hear from you.
    Mardi Wood