a simple sort of tree.

pine-branch-via-varpunen-blog

i’m not sure i’m going to decorate for the holidays this year. sometimes, i just like to keep things simple. i’m not going anywhere — i’m just going to stay home in san francisco, rest up for 2014, and take a lot of photographs. that’s my plan. i do like the idea of a simple branch in a large vase, like this one i spied on varpunen. or this super large pine branch, like this one below from fryd + design. maybe some lights and lots of candles. that’s it. i’m going ultra-purist this year.

branch

varpunen-blog

Comments
12 Responses to “a simple sort of tree.”
  1. Tonya says:

Oh my word, I love this!! I just found a similar jug at the thrift store for .99 cents and this is a great idea. Now to find a branch I can use. :)

2. Maria says:

i’ve often thought of going low-key for christmas, but can never manage it. haha. i love christmas and christmas decor far too much! i also think of going all-white, but i have far too much invested in red at this point in life. sigh. either way, i am sure your place will be festive, beautiful and restful. i’m sure you already follow/are well aware, but chez larsson has a very similar holiday mindset, and just an amazing blog, full stop.

enjoy the holiday season! :)

3. I love this idea. I was also thing about only some branches as I would have to re-decorate our living room for the christmas tree.

4. Anastasia says:

This sounds exactly like my plan! Taking lots of photos of my minimalistic holiday season. I started a series where I decorate my home – without a Christmas tree – and I have been loving it so far. It’s different and treats our nature with respect as I only use branches I found in a forest nearby…

5. Sarah says:

Its a great idea…I was on Pinterest earlier, and there a lot of these pics…just a simple branch…easy cleanup!

6. Quinn says:

This is such a wonderful idea. And that display cart is just DIVINE!

7. kyna getsinger says:

This is an ultra purest kind of year for us and I am loving this victoria! xox

8. jennifer says:

I am feeling the same way.

I have three kids and of course I feel the pressure to create a beautiful holiday for them, but I am just a bit tapped out both time wise and finically. We also have a toddler and a new puppy. I really have no interest in getting out all my ornaments.

We are gonna get the little 20 dollar tree at whole foods that comes with a stand and the girls and I are going to make paper ornaments. This makes clean up really easy too. CANNOT WAIT. I hate cleaning up Christmas.

xoxo

jen

ps have fun with your new camera this month!

9. Marion says:

i love it !
    i used to hang and decorate branches around the appartment for christmas too !

10. julia says:

that’s an excellent idea! loved it :)