that’s a wrap.

thanks-stamp

Tiny thanks banner stamp from besotted brand.

good tidings my dear readers. it’s that time of year when i shut it all down for just a little while. it’s rough, i can’t deny it. i feel guilty for leaving you all for the holidays, but i also know it’s important for me to refuel — and important for us all to stay off our computers perhaps a little more than usual. to spend time with our families and friends and or maybe just spend some good old-fashioned quality time alone. stare at the clouds, or watch snowflakes fall, or watch 8 hours straight of television if that makes you happy. read that big fat daunting book you’ve been putting off, see a film, take a walk somewhere you’ve never walked before. eat stuff you’re reportedly not supposed to. stand under some mistletoe and see what happens.

gift-wrapping-ideas-sfgirlbybay

it’s been such a good year for me, despite a lot of hard work. i’m so fortunate because for the most part, work does not feel like work to me. it feels like fun and it’s creative, and challenging and inspiring, and that is in huge part because of you. thank you so very much for showing up here each and every day (or whenever it is you drop by) and allowing me to share some of what inspires me, and hopefully brings you a little joy or an idea or some thought that maybe makes your day just a bit better. it’s a gift you keep on giving me, readers, so thank you endlessly for that.

gift-tags-and-ribbon-ideas-sfgirlbybay

i have some exciting news to share in the new year, and i so wish i could tell you now, but someone would shoot me, so i have to bite my tongue. but that news is made possible by the enthusiasm you share for what i do here, so again — my heartfelt thanks. i cannot wait to spill the beans. until then, i’m leaving you with some last minute gift wrap ideas — but mostly i’m wishing you a wonderful holiday season filled with all the things that make your lives bright, and i’ll see you back here in the new year. cheers to sharing new inspiration, fresh ideas and a whole lot of happy. xo / victoria

sources: 1. glitter tinsel ribbon; 2. Vintage Handmade Glass Snow Globes; 3. metallic gold tags; 4. paper and stitch; 5. white tissue festooning ribbon; and 6. gold glitter ribbon; 7. metallic elastic ric rac ribbon; 8. paper mache polar bear; 9. gold glitter velvet ribbon; 10. rustic kraft paper invitations; 11. shanna murray’s downloadable gift tags; and 12. tags and twine set.

Comments
16 Responses to “that’s a wrap.”
  1. Sheri Shay says:

Victoria,
    Wishing you a happy holiday season and a rockin’ New Year ! Thank you so much for your daily dose of inspiration and cheer. I’m looking forward to the big surprise, I know it will be good.
    All the best to you, (and Lucy)
    Sheri Shay

2. Melanie says:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Victoria! Thanks for sharing the awesomeness in your lovely internet home. Can’t wait to find out what news you have in store for us. xoxo

3. ahhhh… enjoy every moment of your holiday! see you in the new year (online AND in person!!!!) xo

4. Oh you BIG TEASE!!!!!!!! The new year is like weeks away, okay 13 DAYS to be exact, which when rounded up is really TWO WEEKS!!!!

5. Karen says:

Victoria I hope you enjoy your time off, you certainly deserve it. Thanks for all you share-love your blog, it is my weekend present to myself. Hope you have a wonderful holiday. Merry Christmas and HAPPY New Year!

6. Cece says:

Thank you, Victoria, for sharing so much with us. You are one of my daily stops, and I am so grateful to you for all of the beauty and grace you bring to my day. Have a wonderful break, a Merry Christmas and a very special 2014.

7. mel says:

Have a great break Victoria and thanks for all of your very cool inspiration. Looking forward to the news next year. Rest up and enjoy some time out. Merry Christmas! Mel

8. angela says:

Thank you for including our Metallic ribbons in great company with other beautiful holidays materials! my best wish for the holidays and a lovely 2014!

9. Fabian says:

Thanks for sharing the awesomeness in your lovely internet home. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

10. Enjoy your time off!!! Can’t wait to hear the big news. Love everything about your blog, it’s a huge inspiration to me.

11. Nora says:

Thanks for creating such a great place to visit. I look forward to all that is in store for the New Year. And I’ll take your advice…the book, the walk, even stepping away from the screen.
    Have a good one…..

12. Patricia Cook says:

Enjoy your time away, you so deserve it. I love coming here everyday, you have no idea how much you inspire me in so many ways. Happy Holidays, Victoria!

13. Libbynan says:

I hope you thoroughly enjoy your time off and do lots of things that no one ever has to know about. This year has been a tough one for me and some days the beautiful images you provided were the only bright spot.
    I will be looking forward to your return and can’t wait to hear your big news! Go recharge your batteries, girl!

14. I dream of saying the phrase, “work does not feel like work” one day! I adore the Thanks Stamp! I used a custom stamp for my wedding invite return addresses and it was PERFECTLY easy and still looked handwritten.

15. We absolutely love the idea of using a pegboard for storage! This would be a great way to showcase items in the shop. Thank you!