and in other news, green is still the new black.

green-and-black-wallpaper

homestyle magazine.

good golly, green, it’s still as prominent as ever in 2014. i just keep seeing it all over the place — in decor magazines and all over pinterest — i spied this deco diamond wallpaper and just about died — so striking with a fun retro vibe! paired with lots of white, and maybe a little pop of black, green is totally fresh looking. it’s a great, bold color to boost a room’s mood, even if it’s just a coat of green paint on some vintage chairs giving them a brand new life, or adding a dash of green chalkboard paint or some plant life around your space — green is really growing on me (sorry, a wee pun intended).

holly-marder-green-dining-chairs

holly marder for decor8.

vosgesparis-green-chairs

margriet hoekstra photography via vosgesparis.

photography-by-hilda-grahnat

hilda grahnat.

GREEN-DECOR-IDEAS

living etc. magazine and casa vogue.

scandinavian-deko-green-chalkboard

scandinavian deko.

hallonsemla-green-chairs

hallonsemla.

green-home-accessories

daniella witte.

olivia-rae-james-green-chairs

olivia rae james photography.

yvonne-rock-photography

yvonne rock photography.

green-tile-sink

another side of this life.

green-barstools

house beautiful magazine.

j-ingerstedt

j. ingerstedt photography.

Comments
20 Responses to “and in other news, green is still the new black.”
  1. honeydonthink says:

Happy New Year Victoria! I couldn’t agree more. There’s always room for a little green somewhere to add that “je ne sais quoi” bit of richness or surprise in a soothing way. All of these are gorgeous:-)

2. victoria you always find the BEST interior round-ups. because of your blog i painted two of my dining chairs a bright emerald green and they add the perfect pop of color. thanks for the inspiration!

Molly {Dreams in HD}

3. Erin says:

Happy New Year! I’ve always stayed away from green unless we’re talking about plants, but one of my resolutions is to add a bit more color–and I’m loving these inspirations!

4. maggie says:

Green is such a lovely, soothing color. Your interior round ups are always the best!

5. Oh, lovely, opulent green. May you grace our homes long beyond 2014!

6. Bernie Wong says:

Green, my all time favorite color, in all shades!

7. rachel says:

Happy New Year! Great to be back to blog hopping after all that food and laziness! I love greens so much but am struggling with the news that this year’s pantone colour is irridescent orchid, what’s your opinion, should i ignore it or try hard to find space for it…??

8. Ooh, I’m just green with envy (har har!) over the dining room chairs in the second & third photos–and that whole room, really. And I love that bathroom with the farmhouse sink, vintage mirror, and gold knobs too. That’s my perfect bathroom right there.

9. I’m loving this color trend, especially the herby mint and sage hues. Green is definitely one of my favorite colors, and it has so many shades that make it so versatile!

10. Katja says:

So nice pictures! I love green, but after having it in my house in carpets, on a wall and in some decor stuff, I am really in need for a change. So out with green, and in with pale pink and grey, together with hints of black and denim blue and turquoise. I just love playing with colours :). Like your blog, just found it! I will be visiting for more inspiration

11. So good to hear that because no matter what the trends are I can never give up to a fresh splash of green or turquoise in each room.

12. Very much with you on this! And GREEN even rhymes with 2014! Hope you have a very happy one. xox

13. Jill says:

I’m loving the pops of green too! It’s so au natural in big way. I’m remodeling two bathrooms at the moment, and I’m planning to use a gloss green color accent tile for one of the bathrooms like the bathroom in this post. Will share pics when we are done! Thanks for all your great posts excited to see what’s to come in 2014!

14. yvonne says:

i am so honored to be included!! thanks so very much, victoria! <3

15. Tracy says:

I’d love to know where you got the green tile you used in the sink back splash in one of the photos above. love it and I’m trying to find something to do a little green in my bathroom for the back and side splash. Thanks!