log lady.

black-leather-sofa-white-fireplace

nordic design.

are you staying warm out there, my mid-west and east coast compadres? any one of you with snow on the ground may appreciate a little rustic modern round-up of stashing logs around the old homestead. i love the look of these fireplaces and fresh-looking spaces for storing fireplace logs. not your average old-fashioned log carriers, but architecturally pleasing, and perhaps unique ways of keeping firewood looking great — almost displayed as an accessory, if you will. like that repurposed vintage utility cart getting a second life – love that. here’s to keeping warm in style this season.

logs-in-dining-room

Tim Bjørn for bo bedre.

LOG-DECOR-IDEAS

THE SOCIAL FAMILY.

hilde-mork-heart-home-magazine

hilde mork via heart home magazine.

log-fireplace-design

elle decoration UK; ruth cross the knitted home; sharon mimran’s home via flourish design; the brick house.

fireplace-and-logs

finn real estate; a well traveled woman.

firewood-bench

alex cochrane architects.

stacking-logs-decor

earth911; andrew cloutier; white feather dream.

Comments
11 Responses to “log lady.”
  1. Sheri Shay says:

Love everything.Even in Palm Springs it is nice to see the beauty of the cozy fireplaces.
    Sheri Shay

P.S. Happy New Year ! Looking forward to your new posts.

2. maggie says:

When you said Log Lady my mind immediately went to Twin Peaks – love this idea! I don’t know if it would fit well in a LA apartment, but I still dig it.

3. Amrita says:

Love these. My husband and I are building a new cabin and I’ve been looking for some inspiration for our fireplace. I think my favourite is the very first one.

And BTW it’s -36 degrees C where I am right now…could use a fireplace, stat! :)

4. Tracey says:

Amazing, just amazing! I love the contrast with the wood, white and black. The brick, the logs, the fireplace ……. my oh my oh my!!!

5. beautiful! love the twin peaks reference. and as a midwesterner trapped in this crazy arctic weather i would absolutely love to be snowed in one of these cozy spaces.

Molly {Dreams in HD}

6. Oh my lord I have a new definition of cold. Luckily the worst is over here in Chicago. I’m literally counting down the days until I can move back to San Francisco( 2 months left!) This weather out here is not my cup of tea!

7. It sure has been cold on the East coast! Even down where I am, in Georgia, we had record lows (which really aren’t very low) and the whole state pretty much shutdown. I have thought about log organization this winter, and so I really enjoyed this post!

8. Karen says:

LOVE the all white…but not sure about keeping all that wood in the house! Spider central! Yuck!

9. Elle says:

Bugs would be my main concern too…how do people handle that?