tuesday’s girl: zara.

zara-fashion-sfgirlbybay

I’m really becoming a big fan of zara these days. what i liked at first glance was that their models are not all like 15 years old, and there’s a big plus right there for me. and, i feel like these women look a little less made up and more real to me. and then upon further inspection i saw that zara’s prices were crazy reasonable, too. and so i ordered a few pieces, and i was most pleasantly surprised at the quality for the price. i got this funnel collar, double-breasted coat (just below) on sale for $80 dollars, and it did not disappoint — it’s beautiful in person. so anyway — no one has asked me to share this bit of news with you, but i thought i would — because when i see great fashion pieces for an affordable price, i like to share the love. have a peek at zara — their lookbooks are beautifully shot, too and a nice place to wander around for some fresh fashion inspiration in the new year.

funnel-collar-coat-from-zara

zara-hat-and-boots

zara-white-sweater

zara-black-coat-layers

zara-coat-and-accessories

zara-skirt

zara-black-dress

white-coat-zara

zara-faux-leopard-coat

Comments
20 Responses to “tuesday’s girl: zara.”
  1. becky says:

It is refreshing to see clothes being modelled by someone older than my 16 year old daughter. Thanks for the heads up on Zara.

2. qlka says:

Choosing “older” models was great idea! I like it too.

3. i hadn’t seen these photos yet…totally agree with you, i love the models!

Molly {Dreams in HD}

4. Using older models is genius! Zara never fails to impress. They are the first company I have seen successfully marry design and quality for a reasonable price. Their brand is becoming a wardrobe staple.

5. Zara is definitely one of my favorite stores, and it used to only be in Europe so It’s been very exciting to see its success here in the states! They have a great range of clothes from trendy to really elegant, and it’s all so reasonable, like you said.

6. Shelby says:

Zara is my favorite!! Takes everything I have not to buy the entire store when I go. Such great pieces and definitely reasonable

7. Cynthia says:

Yay for Tuesday’s Girl! I first encountered Zara while in Paris before stores were in the US. Let’s just say that my luggage was stressed on that return flight to SF. My purchases have held up well. Zara does a surprisingly good job with their footwear.

8. I’m so with you…huge fan of Zara. Though I have yet to make a purchase, I always have dozens of things from them on my wishlist. One of these days, I am going to buy what’s in my “shopping cart”. :)
    xo
    Melissa

9. Ana Stringtone says:

Wow, this was the last thing I expected to see in SFGirl! I knew Zara was becoming reaaaaally big, but didn’t know it had crossed the pond…Maybe it’s the only succesful spanish thing that succeed nowadays xD

I agree with yall :) Nice photos

10. Kacie says:

I wonder where those gorgeous oxfords are from. (top picture) Does anyone know?

11. Polly Rowan says:

Zara is one of my favourite websites too! So classy x

12. kim says:

I’m hooked – what a find!

13. Jen says:

i absolutely love zara but most of the clothes don’t fit my body :(
    i

14. Elle says:

Yes! Their models look like real women, not sexually exploited teens. Whoever casts and styles, (and sets prices!), are brilliant. Love them!

15. Tunie says:

Zara originates in Spain? No wonder. I’ve had a girl crush on Spanish woman for years – they are perfect as far as I can tell – gorgeous, elegant and grown up with no need to minimalize their femininity, or falsely exaggerate it. Just mature, powerful, and extremely confident. They just seem so healthy and real. Their men must be amazing to nurture that kind of expression…or is it just in the water?!?

16. Tors says:

I love Zara, it’s one of the very few womens fashion stored that actually caters to the over 30s, everywhere else just appear to believe you stop loving fashion once you leave your 20s from what I can tell! They always have great looking, reasonably priced clothes, must remember to check out their lookbooks as I usually just drop in to the store, thanks for the reminder!