visiting lala land.

los-angeles-california-freeway

jr woodard.

oh, am i ever excited. i’m down in los angeles for a long weekend away and hanging with my girl bri. we’re actually getting down to work on her bedroom makeover — more on that later, but i can’t wait to share! what i’m super happy about is spending time with bri and our friends, seeing her brand new studio, and visiting some of my favorite L.A. haunts, and exploring some new ones. i’ve never been to bottega louie, for example and something tells me i should check that off my list. i think we’re going to try and hit the long beach flea market, too — it’s been ages since i’ve done some thrifting there. what else should i see? have any recommendations for me?

designlovefest-studio

designlovefest studio.

5fdc3a473b3d5dd016f4d0b8b3b0b802

bottega louie via style me pretty, photo by bryce covey.

venice

venice, via hella vintage.

ed-puellela-via-VSCO

downtown los angeles by ed puellela.

Comments
18 Responses to “visiting lala land.”
  1. Polly says:

Wow I am very jealous! I’ve never been so have no recommendations but have a fab time!

2. You can come visit me in FLAland! I’d love a makeover a la Victoria! Enjoy!

3. Katherine says:

I fully expect you to have a fabulous martini from your favorite watering hole, wherever that may be! I am sure you already have several places in mind.

4. ellen patton says:

I grew up in the LA area — try Phillipe’s and Tito’s Tacos. They won’t disappoint!

5. Bee says:

Have a fun trip, Victoria! Can’t wait to see what you and Bri come up with for the makeover. And the thrifting!

6. mlleparadis says:

check out the l.a. label over here at p. paradis.

york blvd in highland park and glendale blvd in atwater village are buzzing.

the little corners of echo park ave. and silver lake blvd./rowena (broome st. general store) are worth the detour! enjoy!

7. richele says:

After the LB Flea, head over to James Republic for brunch [downtown Long Beach] super chic brunch.
    ——
    or if you haven’t had enough shopping head to 4th and Junipero for Retro Row There’s coffee /light fare at Portfolio or also top notch mexican at Lola’s.

8. patricia says:

check out the new ACE hotel downtown LA.
    Bottega Louie is fine but very loud. all hard surfaces.
    Treat yourself to dinner at Bucato: http://www.bucato.la/‎

9. I moved to LA 6 months ago and absolutely LOVE it here. There’s always something to do and see! I really love Los Feliz/Silver Lake area. I’m living over in Culver City which has a great little downtown area. Lots of restaurants and great architecture. Have fun whatever you do!

xo Denise
    lovelybohemian.blogspot.com

10. Laura says:

Oh, how exciting! Have a safe & fun trip! Can’t wait to see the bedroom makeover.
    If you find the time, visit Neutra’s VDL house in Silver Lake or the Stahl house above Sunset…. They are breathtaking!
    Goldies’s is a great place for dinner, as well as The Tasting Kitchen on Abbot Kinney :)

11. CHICKYTHING says:

OZERO in Little Tokyo for the best Lavender pudding boba!

12. Angie Sz says:

Welcome to LA – sorry you have to suffer this hot weather. If you have the time, the Calder exhibit at LACMA is worth the trip. Have a great visit!