at long last, bottega louie.

bottega-louie-los-angeles

well, i finally made it to bottega louie. located in downtown los angeles, among tall skyscrapers and gritty L.A. streets is this fountain of delicious beauty on the ground floor of The Brockman Building — a 12-story Classical and Romanesque Revival building Built in 1912, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. with pristine marble floors and shiny glass counters filled with decadent macarons and pastries, bottega louie definitely lives up to the hype. it’s like walking into a gleaming, grown-up version of a kid’s candy store. and it’s not just pastries — the bar and cafe are pretty incredible, too. the brunch was fantastic. perfectly poached eggs on beautiful asparagus spears with toast points, smoked salmon benedict on potato pancakes, and an excellent, spicy bloody mary (grown-up, for sure). if you’re heading to L.A. you’ve got to add bottega louie to your list of must-eats.

bottega-louie-counter

bottega-louie-colorful-macarons

bottega-louie-collage

bottega-louie-macarons

bottega-louie-cafe

bottega-louie-pastry

bottega-louie-cupcakes

Comments
18 Responses to “at long last, bottega louie.”
  1. Wow! This place looks amazing!! I don’t go to downtown LA very often but I think I might have to make a special trip out there for this place! Thanks for the tip.

xo Denise
    lovelybohemian.blogspot.com

2. christie says:

beautiful photos! i’ll have to stop by there next time i’m in la- it looks delicious.

3. *Swoon* SO bummed I wasn’t able to make it there the last time I was in LA. Next time, for certain. It looks like my kind of place…

4. Anita says:

I was there two weekends ago and missed trying the cupcakes, on my next visit.

5. Pandora says:

Bottega Louie is one of my favorite restaurants. Next time you’re in the LA area, you have to try Nickel Diner. They have a red velvet cake to end all red velvet cakes.

6. Bekka says:

Did you get brunch with Design Love Fest? Two adorable bloggers in one place, it’s like the perfect brunch destination for you two!!

7. Angela says:

This is gorgeous. i wish i was near LA and i could stop by :) http://www.handmadeintheheartland.com

8. Leslie says:

Oh dear! This is place is just too sweet. You and your friends are always visiting the best spots.

9. Liv says:

SUCH beautiful photos! are they all iphone?

10. L'Oliphant says:

such a great place!

11. grace says:

I work in downtown LA, and I love Bottega Louie. It’s 5 LONG blocks away, but I do try to stop by as often as I can. They used to also have prepared foods (meats, salads, etc) as well as desserts in those glass cases. And, there was a corner with sliders! Every day they had different sliders — filet mignon with wasabi, for example. I’m not a blogger, but I would have loved to have met you there! I love reading your blog. When I’m feeling blue, I find myself looking through all your beautiful photos and I find inspiration! Keep up the great work!!

12. Ria says:

I absolutely love Bottega Louie, such yummy food AND snacks.

13. eden says:

Thank you for this post! I am visiting LA and made a special trip to Bottega Louie after reading your post. What a find! The design of the restaurant/bakery is stunning and the food is delicious. They even make their own mouthwateringly good potato chips (and I don’t usually like potato chips!).