built to last.

elle-decoration-UK-dining-room

the February 2014 issue of Elle Decoration UK is starting off with a bang. or, maybe that’s a vroooom. there’s several amazing homes featured, but i am quite smitten with this former auto garage, turned into one very fantastic loft-like home. it had been empty for 30 years and due to be demolished before graphic designers petra and edwin purchased it and brought it back to life again. or, gather gave it a whole new life — talk about great new beginning. from what was in all liklihood a pretty dark and greasy garage transformed into a colofully playful and witty place to inhabit.

elle-decoration-UK--living-room

_elle-decoration-UK-fixture

elle-decoration-UK-dining-room-window

elle-decoration-UK-loft-home

_elle-decoration-UK-portraits

_elle-decoration-UK-yellow-living-room

_elle-decoration-UK-loft-bedroom

• all photos by jean-marc wullschleger for Elle Decoration UK.

Comments
12 Responses to “built to last.”
  1. maggie says:

It’s amazing the way a space can be transformed with a little vision. Absolutely stunning.

2. Alecia says:

wow! That is definitely a dream of mine to transform an assuming place into something amazing.

3. mlleparadis says:

oh those ginger jars and rugs! what’s old is new again! great space.

4. Really this space was an auto garage before? It seems almost impossible! I love the style of the interior especially the detail of the coloured window wall with all that frames…it’s a typical garage window but here and with a blue paint it looks perfect

5. I need that lamp in the second picture. So fabulous!

xo Denise
    lovelybohemian.blogspot.com

6. PhillyLass says:

The copper pendants with the hot pink cords. Oh, wow. Excuse me while I faint! I would redecorate my whole house around those!!!!

7. Wow what an amazing transformation ! I love those lights over the table and that peaked roof with the windows !
    alexandra x

8. It is absolutely gorgeous!! I assume this is a Dutch Home, cool to see it here first! Love Femke

9. Libbynan says:

This is the first time I have ever felt right down to my toes, “I could totally live there!” about a space you have shown us. Everything about it is just perfect, warm and comfortable and beautiful.

10. Ashe says:

I love seeing quirky refurbished homes like this. I’d love to be able to tackle a project like this one day.