you may have heard me mention that the beautiful old windows in my dining room had dry rot, so sadly my landlord was going to replace them with regular old sliding glass windows. i was so sad. but he’s made the change, and while i don’t love the glass they selected (pebbled, heaven forbid), on the plus side, i can now open the windows, which i could never do before. so all of a sudden i have this lovely view of my neighbors’ gardens, which is really beautiful at night with all the lights flickering from the little houses on the hillside beyond. a few neighbors even have white globe lights hung, which are extra pretty! so all in all, i think i actually ended up lucking out with this brand new view!
it’s such a nice room to spend time in, and i only have so many dinner parties — that i decided it would be much better utilized if i turned it into my office. i’m working on a big project that requires i work on a larger desktop computer, so my dining room table is now my desk. and i have to say, this is one very pleasant place to work. i added a little seating area towards the back of the room, which is a lovely spot to read and look out at the gardens. i also put my armoire in here, and was able to drill a hole in the back for a power cord, and now i can hide my unsightly scanner away inside. bravo! so, this is where you can imagine me working away everyday (should you ever wonder about such things).
• focus print – by anna dorfman’s k is for black shop at society six
• hustle gold foil print – by design darling
• taking breaks print – by ohmyhome
• mountain up print – fine little day
• large vintage ‘V’ – hindsvik
• vintage wire in boxes – etsy
• layla headphones – nordstrom
• white industrial task lamp – west elm
• pally cowhide rug – lulu & georgia
• luxe faux fur pillow – anthropologie
• vintage black ‘egg-like’ chair – mid century modern finds
• vintage wire homecrest chair – alameda flea market
• vintage knoll saarinin swivel chair – craigslist
• all photos by victoria smith for sfgirlbybay.