Edible Rooms: Ginger Sesame Mushroom and Chard Salad.
hello my favorite peeps! guess who? yep, it’s gab from the artful desperado.
ugh, unbelievable how january is almost gone eh? i mean seriously, can we slow down a bit? no? ok fine, i know you (we) all are busy and got like a gazillion things on the go, so i made a super easy salad which you can pack for lunch or make at night for dinner when you come home all cranky ’cause you just hit the gym and your hips are all sore, and we know yo hips don’t lie.
so, let’s get our veggie booty shakin, shall we?
Chard Sesame Mushroom Salad
Makes 1 bowl
- handful of field mushrooms (white/brown work best, others may be too tough), cleaned with a damp cloth
- a dash of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of black sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger (grated)
- fresh chard, washed, shredded
1. Place all the ingredients except for the chard in a bowl. Mix them up and let them marinate for at least an hour or so. You can make a big batch if you want them for a couple days.
2. After a couple hours, place mushrooms with some of the marinade in a hot hot pan, like searing hot. Let them sizzle for a couple minutes until they brown a little. note: you don’t want them to fully cook or they’ll get mushy, also, make sure to keep the pan super hot so you sear them. Once nice and brown, remove from heat.
3. Place washed chard in a bowl, dump the cooked mushrooms, add salt and pepper to taste, toss, and 1.2.3. you’re done!
If you want to add extra protein you can add a boiled egg, some chicken, or smoked tofu. Hmm, getting hungry here!
hope you guys love this asian inspired salad as much as i do, seriously, it’s quite simple but packed with flava flave!
oh! btw, i’m taking a bit of a break from the edible posts, but shall be back soon! if you guys have any yummy recipes you wanna share, holla at me! ya know? your friendsie the artful desperado