put a pineapple on it.

freunde-von-freunden

freunde von freunden.

i’m sorry, but i keep seeing these random pineapples everywhere. i guess i heard they were trending — like the new owl or squirrel or something. lovely still life photos of the prickly pear that is a pineapple. all of these images just randomly appeared on my interwebs from different places, including the one above from the freunde von freunden apartment in berlin. i like them, i just think the internet is funny sometimes. piña colada, anyone? it is friday.

j.-levau-blog-pineapple

j. levau blog

pineapple-sliced

Daniel Francis O’Dowd.

clint-colbert-photography

clint colbert photography.

Comments
22 Responses to “put a pineapple on it.”
  1. Michelle says:

Yes please to the pina colada – it is friday after all!

2. Stephanie says:

I love it! The pineapple is a symbol of hospitality and friendship so I think it’s perfect.

3. maggie says:

I have JUST started getting into pineapples…seems like my tastebuds are very on trend.

4. Natalie says:

Ugh.. the site of the pineapple…makes me super anxious for summer!! I’ve definitely been seeing these things everywhere too! So great.

Natalie

5. Molly {Dreams in HD} says:

LOL put a pineapple on it, love the portlandia reference.
    it cracks me up how these things become trends…pineapples, owls, squirrels, who knows what’s next!

6. Lynne says:

I may be wrong, but I think Studio DIY might have had something to do with this pineapple trend. For a very long time she has been all over them! She’s done dozens of cute pineapple ideas but this is my favorite: http://www.studiodiy.com/2013/08/06/diy-pineapple-dress/

7. Erin says:

YES! I was just thinking that I’ve been seeing a lot of pineapples around lately… my favorite is the pineapple print from Falconwright’s upcoming spring collection, so cool: http://instagram.com/p/lP0FVIrgRs/

8. Jenny Bailey says:

I have been noticing that too! Sadly, I’m not too big into pineapples and I am lame and usually buy mine pre-cored so this is one trend I’ll have to sit out.

9. Ha! Absolutely love the title of this blog. Pineapples are definitely a favorite of mine, and one of my favorite shapes… so I guess I don’t mind that it’s gone from owls/birds to pineapples! (wasn’t much of a fan of the owl/bird thing). Wonder what’s next though!

10. Oh this post made me laugh! It’s such a funny trend.

11. Em says:

Kinda funny, because I’ve been a pineapple fan since the premiere of Psych eight years ago! A pineapple has always been the show’s mascot. My pineapple trinkets make me smile because Psych will always have a warm fuzzy place in my comedy loving heart! Perhaps because the show is ending, the universe is sending out pineapple vibes!

12. Matthew Pike says:

true, pretty random but works for me!

Buckets & Spades

13. I was just telling Joni on Sunday that I have a board dedicated to the trend. :) Love it!

14. I had to laugh. Pineapples are actually my fave fruit. And I’ll have a virgin pina colada with that thanks! ;)