sunday in the city | mendocino.

mendocino | sfgirlbybay

as i posted friday, i’ve been up in Mendocino with lucy and a bunch of our dog park pals for a long weekend at the stanford inn by the sea. i cannot say enough nice things about this place. the grounds are lovely, with farm beds where they grow some of the ingredients for their vegan restaurant which is delicious. there’s llamas and donkeys on the property which overlooks the pacific, and canoes and bikes to rent. it was a bit dark and stormy, but even that was okay — the sun popped out here and there. we found some wonderful coves to explore with the dogs, ate well, drank good wine and generally lazed about. mendocino is like stepping back in time for a little while, which is just what i needed. it also meant the wi-fi was spotty, so i am a tad behind, but catching up, i promise!

mendocino | sfgirlbybay

mendocino | sfgirlbybay

mendocino | sfgirlbybay

mendocino | sfgirlbybay

mendocino | sfgirlbybay

mendocino | sfgirlbybay

mendocino | sfgirlbybay

mendocino-stanford-inn

canoes

dicks-place-mendocino

Comments
19 Responses to “sunday in the city | mendocino.”
  1. Lillian-Marie says:

Hi Victoria,

I was curious what kind of camera you shoot with? I’m in the market for my first digital SLR (been shooting film thus far) and love your photography. Feeling overwhelmed by all the choices.

Thanks!

2. Natalye says:

Simply beautiful pictures! I miss the north coast so much!

3. Bronwyn says:

I love Mendocino! Your pictures are amazing, I love the pink in the sky!

4. kim says:

Beautiful photography! I adore Mendocino and always wanted to stay at the Stanford Inn. Looks like a perfect place to escape for a cozy weekend. Going to share this on my Northern Cal page. Love it.

5. Adrienne says:

I just love Mendocino. So charming and quaint!
    Your post makes me want to jump in my car and go!

6. Samantha says:

what a perfect get-away – with dogs! LOVE this.

7. Katherine says:

Beautiful photos – you captured the experience though wish you had a video of the llamas frolicking!

8. Hilary says:

Glad you had a good time. One of those pics looks like Jug Handle where I always stay over Thanksgiving. May-be I’ll give the Inn a try.

9. Ellie says:

I was about to leave a generic comment about how lovely post looks until I scrolled down and saw you shot these with your iPhone. The fact that they can look this stunning and come from a phone camera… this is exactly why I love this blog: raw, pure talent!

10. Ana says:

This looks just dreamy. And I love the coast on a gloomy weather. Definitely planing a trip there.

11. shari says:

I’m going to add on to other comments about your beautiful images! Love them! I have numerous photo apps on my phone, but immediately added VSCO after you mentioned. I had seen it mentioned somewhere before – but, when one gets the results that you do… WELL – I’m gonna give it a go!

12. Clay Walsh says:

Thank you Victoria!! I’m so glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for the recommendation — just booked a night for our anniversary :-)

• victoria says:

oh awesome! i think you will love it. the food is great (and vegan) and they allow dogs in the outer dining room. there’s a pool and jacuzzi, too. happy anniversary! :)