april in sweden.

johanna aprill aprill | sfgirlbybay

this is such a perfectly cheerful and bright home to share as we head into spring. this colorful home renovation in helsingborg, sweden belongs to blogger johanna aprill aprill. those bold pops of color stand out so beautifully against all that white, including the gorgeous white wood floors. i also really like how johanna has created such a fun, eclectic mix of different period pieces, from mid-century modern dressers and dining chairs to the antique scandinavian spindle chairs, it all works together quite effortlessly. this renovation was done a while back, but if you follow aprill aprill you can keep up to date with all johanna’s on-going decorating projects — a woman after my own heart.

johanna aprill aprill | sfgirlbybay

johanna aprill aprill | sfgirlbybay

johanna aprill aprill | sfgirlbybay

johanna aprill aprill | sfgirlbybay

johanna aprill aprill | sfgirlbybay

johanna aprill aprill | sfgirlbybay

johanna aprill aprill | sfgirlbybay

johanna aprill aprill | sfgirlbybay

• photographed by Lisa Wikstrand, via aprill aprill.

Comments
11 Responses to “april in sweden.”
  1. Ellie says:

Ah beautiful! Now where do I get my hands on a Swedish exit sign…

2. Amy B says:

Love all the colors! And I adore that iPhone dock!

3. The white background really makes the colours pop. Absolutely LOVE colour!

4. Fiona Duke says:

oh my goodness, i totally LOVE LOVE LOVE this house.
    i’m off to Stockholm very soon and I fear I may not return…………..

5. Beth says:

Love the use of color!

6. I am curious on the usability of that high chair in that first photo. Love the simple lines

7. mirja says:

does anybody know which high chair that is? I had it as a child, it was awesome.

• Per T says:

It’s an IKEA from early eighties. Very sturdy and functional. You can use it upright as in the picture or putting it down on the floor and move the plastic seat to it’s second position. It then transforms to a one child kitchen table (when in upright position the table is the vertical bord viewable in the picture) Our children loved sitting eating, playing, messing with watercolors or model clay. Afterwords you just put it in the shower. With or without the child:)

8. Helen says:

I love the iPhone dock, does anyone know where I can purchase it / what it’s called? Thanks in advance :)
    Helen

9. Meinhilde says:

Those wallpapered cubbies are adorable. It makes me want to decorate a dollhouse!