california kitchen.

california kitchen | sfgirlbybay

image via lily.

i was having one of those days — those stuck days when ideas just aren’t flowing freely. when that happens i stop everything and take an instagram. i do — i look around and try to find something to inspire me and it’s like a little exercise to get my brain moving again. today, i took this instagram of kumquats on my desk and then i was sort of free-associating with the color orange, and california and then kitchens, and it all just seemed like it could be a fun idea to put together — some fresh clean kitchens and add some citrus images for color. so that’s what this is all about. i love the look of open shelving in a nice, bright white kitchen, with white dishware and pottery, natural wood bowls and bread boards on display. add some fresh citrus and you’ve got a pretty california-inspired kitchen.

california kitchen | sfgirlbybay

smitten studio.

california kitchen | sfgirlbybay

father rabbit via remodelista; and sfgirlbybay.

california kitchen | sfgirlbybay

bailey’s home and garden via freunde von freunden (above + below).

california kitchen | sfgirlbybay

california kitchen | sfgirlbybay

seth smoot; and purevege.

california kitchen | sfgirlbybay

tec petaja.

california kitchen | sfgirlbybay

ash; and rose uniacke interiors.

california kitchen | sfgirlbybay

father rabbit via remodelista.

california kitchen | sfgirlbybay

the yard; and citysage on instagram.

california kitchen | sfgirlbybay

purevege; and dreamy whites.

Comments
16 Responses to “california kitchen.”
  1. Wow! I love your instagram ! and you have a kumquat tree.. I love it~!

2. maggie says:

What a lovely way to break out of a mini-creative rut. I love citysage’s instagram, thanks for pointing her out to me!

3. Mrs M says:

Refreshing to see the one picture with coca-cola and San Peli (not that I’m endorsing pop, by any means!). It’s just a nice change from booze. We’re a booze nation, where alcohol is made to appear so sophisticated and glamorous. ;-)

4. Mrs M says:

hahaha…didn’t see the PBR in the corner of the shot. Great images, just the same. :-)

5. chloe says:

i try to take an instagram picture everyday just to make my creative juices flow freely! love that that kumquat picture!!
    xox
    chloe

6. This is so inspiring! Before starting my blog, I would just sit at home all day and do who knows what. Now that I have a blog, I’ve been trying to find cool things to do and blog about, but that isn’t always easy to come by. Thank you so much for this post! Definitely a great way to get those creative juices flowing :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

7. eos says:

Beautiful collection and instagram really helps to find beauty in everyday life. I love to just pause a moment in my day, take a photograph to bring me back in the present moment and inspire myself.

8. audrey says:

Lovely post!
    I really like the image from Pure Vegetarian – and the recipe link just got my mouth watering!

9. such a beautiful collection of photos! i find that when i am actively involved in instagram it allows me to seek beauty in the simple moments of life :)

10. Nina says:

Love the neutrals with the pops of orange and that you have a kumquat tree (such a funny little word and fruit)

11. I love kitchens mixed with citrus – fun post!

12. Kristin says:

Such pretty pictures. Going to instagram for inspiration is a great idea! I’ll have to try it next time I am stuck.

13. Jade says:

Mmmmh! Everything here is pure dreaminess! Love it so much, thank you for the uplifting inspiration!

14. Fiona Duke says:

what beautiful gorgeous photography…… i feel inspired thank you :)

15. Jenny says:

What kind of cider is that in the picture with all those bottles lined up? Thanks. Beautiful pictures, btw.