before and after in alphabet city.

alphabet city | sfgirlbybay

this has got to be one of the best makeovers i’ve ever seen. prop stylist Anthony D’Argenzio and his fiancée’s second-floor walk-up in new york’s alphabet city is virtually unrecognizable from its former self. featured on lonny and photographed by emily johnston, this beautiful home once belonged to an elderly woman with an affinity for pink plastic-covered furniture. you have got to look at the before and after slideshow. anthony who runs his own styling and event business zio & sons definitely has an eye — now it’s a stunning vision of eclectic sophistication with exposed white brick walls and a collection of well-loved vintage finds discovered on ebay, craigslist and even discarded street treasures — a man after my own heart. i’m never too proud to dumpster dive! have a look at the whole completely impressive makeover on lonny.

alphabet city | sfgirlbybay

alphabet city | sfgirlbybay

alphabet city | sfgirlbybay

alphabet city | sfgirlbybay

alphabet city | sfgirlbybay

alphabet city | sfgirlbybay

alphabet city | sfgirlbybay

• photos by emily johnston for lonny magazine.

Comments
12 Responses to “before and after in alphabet city.”
  1. Veronica says:

I love this bohemian space, yet I think the vase here http://etsy.me/1hl0bkp would look amazing!!

2. morgan says:

this popped up in my pinterest feed last week and the tour has been open in my browser since! SO inspiring (and the before pictures are so hilarious/totally endearing).

3. Colleen says:

Love it! I think the kitchen is really the best part

4. kathleen rose says:

I love these. You’re right, the before and after slideshow is amazing. The before sadly reminds me of my parents’ house…I wish they’d let me transform it into something like that!

5. maggie says:

WOW! That before and after…makes me think I can transform my apartment into a lot more than I give it credit for! Awesome inspiration for a Monday!

6. Seriously, one of the most amazing transformations! I would like to move in now, please. :)

7. It’s hard to look at the ‘before’ pictures – I understand why you didn’t include them in this post! What an incredible (slash drastic) transformation though.

8. Thanks for the feature! Let’s chat.

A

9. Charlie says:

What an amazing transformation – almost unbelievable the before and after shots are of the same home! He clearly is incredibly talented to make this vision come to life!

10. Meinhilde says:

I’m totally in love with that kitchen!