living in pink.

living in pink | sfgirlbybay

i think this is a case of the ‘glass half full’ — but in this situation we’re talking pink paint. i love the idea of this bedroom being ‘wainscoated’ but just with paint on three quarters of the way up the walls, rather than actual molding. it makes the room feel really light and airy with the solid white above — the light seems to bounce of the upper walls and ceiling almost like the room is glowing. while pretty colorful, it’s still very soft and feminine.

living in pink | sfgirlbybay

living in pink | sfgirlbybay

* PHOTOGRAPHY by ARMELLE HABIB + STYLING JULIA GREEN via home life.

Comments
27 Responses to “living in pink.”
  1. maggie says:

Oh, I love this. Clever way to make a room look bigger and brighter.

2. Tifa says:

That blue bench is awesome. I wonder where they got it or if it’s custom made.

3. My love for pink is so big, this could easily be my home!

4. Amanda says:

How can I find out where the bedding is from?? I would love to buy it.

5. Aileen says:

I adore this look! The three-quarters paint job, and even that shade of pink, which I wouldn’t have expected to like as a wall color…beautiful.

6. sheila says:

What about that fabulous carpet (any info on brand or where to purchase)?
    Its a fabulous flat weave take on a Beni Ourain. Never seen anything like it.

7. Mar Mar says:

Where Is carpet from-I would buy it. Love eclectic
    Mix

• flyingpollinigirls says:

Dear SFgirlbybay,
      Would you PLEASE email me who made the southwestern rug in the pink bedroom? I noticed that another fan asked and I did not see a reply to her post. Thanks for being an awesome resourse. I love your style.

• Barbara says:

It looks as though 2 rugs may have been sewn together. And I wish I knew the source too. I’m going to keep this idea in mind when I look at Ikea and World Market and Pier 1 rugs

8. Libbynan says:

For several years I had a guest room that was painted in this same dusty pink. I loved it, but I have to admit that this wainscoted look is even better. Why do we get such a sense of happy from pink?

9. megan says:

Amanda- the bedding is from Hay Design.

10. Muoi says:

The areas above the pink looks like a lovely light grey, which I love even more than the idea of white.

11. Betsy says:

Love the rug! Where did you find it? Beautiful room.

12. Nicole says:

I too would love to know where the rug came from! So unique! Thanks

13. I love pink and I wish I had a room in my apt that I could do this to! I know a bunch of others have asked about the rug, where is it from?

14. Carl says:

The lovely Julia Green of Greenhouse Interiors (http://greenhouseinteriors.com.au) is the one who styled the room for that shoot, and she was kind enough to point me Halcyon Lake… specifically, it’s the Fino Mystic 3:

15. nevine says:

that color pink!! what is the name/make of the paint color please?

16. victoria says:

here’s the scoop on the rug (thanks to carl, above!):