mexico is always a good idea.

mexican inspired interiors | sfgirlbybay

for some reason this photograph of bar idda by photographer armelle habib actually makes me feel like mixing up some margaritas and puttin’ on some good music. it’s funny how a photo can evoke all kinds of unique ideas in your head. i have this feeling a lot. spending my days on the internet researching for the blog, i trip upon pictures all the time that take me somewhere else simply based on their color palette, or mood. and though this cafe is sicilian and lives in australia, my head says tulum, mexico surf cottage! maybe i just have vacation brain (maui in two days — woohoo!) so that could very well be — and so here i go.

mexican inspired interiors | sfgirlbybay

mexican inspired interiors | sfgirlbybay

mexican inspired interiors | sfgirlbybay

mexican inspired interiors | sfgirlbybay

mexican inspired interiors | sfgirlbybay

mexican inspired interiors | sfgirlbybay

mexican inspired interiors | sfgirlbybay

• images inorder of appearance: armelle habib; the selby; the selby; flelt; her new tribe; Manuel Gomes Da Costa via Elle Decor es; milk magazine; a house in the hills; home life.

Comments
12 Responses to “mexico is always a good idea.”
  1. Danielle says:

That it is, that it is. Gorgeous :)

2. mlleparadis says:

oh yes. a colorful vacation! i’ll take the pink house by the beach.

3. Cori Magee says:

Beautiful! I miss Mexico… My family has an apartment in Mexico City and I haven’t been in years, shame on me right?!

4. audrey says:

I love this post and I totally relate!
    Although I’m not going away on vacation any time soon, I often find myself letting my imagination roam to far away places via beautiful photography.
    Aloha Victoria!

5. how inspiring your blog and theses last Mexican pics are ! bravo !

6. Gabriel says:

oh heeeey REPRESENT! :D Such lovely images!

7. A says:

Not to be a mood killer, but… privileged Mexico is always a good idea. Downtown Guadalajara at 11PM is not alway a good idea. Romanticizing a culture is lovely, ain’t it? That thatched surf shack belongs in my backyard.

8. Chris King says:

Ah Mexico, we’ve been permanent residents, for six years, in a town named San Francisco, aka San Pancho, in the state of Nayarit.
    If you haven’t been there, you will find a puebla that has the best local / foreigner relationship as I’ve seen in this country. Having lived in resort towns all my life and seen the evolution, this town has an extremely bright future. “The world hasn’t found it yet”.

9. Janette Yamaguchi says:

I love the way your brain works.

10. Gorgeous images, as always!

We hadn’t been to Mexico in over five years until January when we visited Tulum en route to Cuba and found that Tulum offers the perfect mix of gorgeous, exotic beaches and easy travel. A few days in Tulum reignited my desire to discover smaller, more out of the way towns and beaches in Mexico. And my travel bucket list expands…