intimacy under the wires.

sivan askayo's intimacy under the wires / sfgirlbybay

Sivan Askayo’s Intimacy Under the Wires project started almost four years ago in the vibrant alleyways of Tel Aviv’s Jaffa neighborhood and has taken her from Madrid, Barcelona, London, Florence, Venice, Buenos Aires, Vietnam and Naples to snap the anonymous clothing. I love the vibrant colors that create unique palettes with the homes they are displayed against.

Sivan tells us “I do feel that the laundry images tell a deep story of the place and the clothes’ owners. I must admit that when I am not on assignments, sometimes I am choosing my travel destination by my curiosity for its laundry. It happened to me in Naples, Italy and in Menton, The French Riviera; in both locations I visited especially for this purpose.”

And good news! For the first time ever, limited edition prints of Sivan’s collection are now available via Artfully Walls.

• All photos by Sivan Askayo

Comments
22 Responses to “intimacy under the wires.”
  1. maggie says:

These are amazing and remind of studying abroad in Morocco. I especially love that third photo.

2. Kristin says:

Quite cool. Love the colors.

3. Dominique says:

Absolutely love the colours in these photos, so gorgeous.

quirkycap.blogspot.com

4. Lisa says:

How beautiful! One of my most cherished photos is the clothing line outside of a restaurant complete with the kitchen team’s clothing in San Sebastian, Spain.

5. Igor says:

So colourful & happy! Love Sivan’s eye for colours and patterns. Great new series!

6. sivan says:

Thanks so much Igor for the connection, and Rachelle, I’m so honored you are featuring my series.

7. marina says:

Sivan works with light but she brings her light as well with her shot
    she undoubtely a poet with her camera

8. Elizabeth says:

Wow, I love this. I always find myself looking up, trying to work out who belongs to what . Lovely to see this captured in such vibrant colours!

9. Lorrie says:

Gorgeous images, prompted to investigate further.

Lorrie x

10. love the colours in these photos

11. Sally says:

These are absolutely gorgeous photos, love them! My friends have teased me for years as I love taking photos of wires from below when I’m travelling – there’s something so beautiful about them!

12. I purchased this print from Artfully Walls, and I couldn’t be more disappointed. I was so elated to have a print that I could frame, based on the feature on SFGirlBytheBay, and I received a flimsy piece of paper, damaged since it wasn’t packaged with any sort of care, with a half the page taken up by ArtfullyWalls URL + branding. The actual photograph is marred by a “Limited Edition” seal, which does not, at all, make for ideal framing. I am so disappointed by my purchase, and I think other consumers should know the kind of quality they would receive. It’s unfortunate because the photographs are stunning.

• victoria says:

i’m so sorry to hear that felicia. i do think they should let you know if an image has a seal on it. have you tried contacting them to let them know of your disappointment and the damage? i think the artist would like to know about this as well.

• Victoria,

Thanks for the note. I have indeed contacted ArtfullyWalls, and so far no response. I can’t even say how appalled I am by the purchase. Of note, it was packaged in a file folder, with no cardboard to prevent damage. Invariably, it got damaged in shipping, and I still can’t believe I spent $70 on what is essentially a print-out. I’ve ordered dozens of prints online, and I’ve never received a print on such flimsy stock.

I never comment publicly, however, the cost on the site is an investment, and folks should know the quality of product they’re receiving. It breaks my heart since the artist is insanely talented, and I was so looking forward to framing the print.

Cheers, Felicia

• victoria says:

i will let Sivan know, because it was she who reached out to us. the mention of ArtfullyWalls was a side note so that people could find her work. again, i’m very sorry to hear this.

• Shira says:

We just wanted to step in as well, and say that this was an unfortunate mistake on our part – the certificate for the print was shipped without the print – this should have never happened. Having said that mistakes are inevitable, and as soon as we saw Felicia’s complaint we took immediate measures to rectify the situation including refunding her order and shipping the print to Felicia at our expense. We stand behind the quality of our prints and service and will do whatever we can to make sure that customers on Artfully Walls enjoy their purchases.

• Sivan says:

Felicia,
      I have just seen your comment
      (Sorry, I was on a shooting assignment and hardly on line) I am about to contact ArtfullyWalls asap and make sure they contact you with any answer.
      Thanks again for letting me know about that.
      If you can email me at sivanaskayo@gmail.com so I have your contact info to email ArtfullyWalls

Thanks