in my dreams, i live here: a london cottage.

london cottage / sfgirlbybay

via design*sponge + expressen.

very often in my dreams, i live in a london cottage. perhaps somewhere near hampstead heath, where it’s lush and green and swimming ponds exist for afternoon dips in the summer months. i love london, and a good friend just moved there, so i guess it’s been on my mind lately. if i had a cottage there, it would be awash with white, and quite simple, but eclectic with loads of vintage finds from portobello road and covet garden flea markets. i think it would look quite a bit like this charming cottage.

london cottage / sfgirlbybay

i’d have a nice tidy kitchen with open shelving where i could find everything at the ready. and a nice big farm table with mix and match stools just off the kitchen so friends could chat and drink pimms cups while i prepare the sunday evening supper.

london cottage / sfgirlbybay

london cottage / sfgirlbybay

an antique cabinet i found at portobello road market would house all my mismatched crockery and dishware. and the living room would be a cozy and comfy spot to read and recline with all my favorite found objects and collectibles on display.

london cottage / sfgirlbybay

london cottage / sfgirlbybay

the bedroom would be FUNCTIONAL WITH A SIMPLE WHITE ARMOiRe to store all my accessories, but quite feminine, with a modern low platform bed with a cabbage rose print bedspread and fluffy white rug.

london cottage / sfgirlbybay

london cottage / sfgirlbybay

and of course, a lovely claw foot tub for relaxing soaks in my sweet vintage-inspired bathroom. voilá!

• images from top to bottom: kitchen design*sponge; smeg fridge expressen; farm table with stools couleur locale; vintage cabinet cuca laugh; living room lina ostling; armoire concept by anna; bed Ida Magntorn for elle decoration; bathroom country living magazine + desire to inspire.

Comments
15 Responses to “in my dreams, i live here: a london cottage.”
  1. Ferren says:

I have a flat in London, but unfortunately it’s not a beautiful as the post you’ve laid out here! I think I’d be a little closer if I could find a flat with white floors. One can but dream…

2. JAY says:

The subtle green throughout this apartment is superb!

3. *Sigh*… my husband and I dream of living in London. It truly has our hearts…

4. Emma says:

This is lovely. I wish my London flat looked like this! Unfortunately we don’t get that much light and space over here in our little houses. I dream of a San Fran terrace.

5. Kristin says:

Ohhh I love the layout of this place. Great use of white as well.

6. Michelle says:

I think many Londoners would like that! I did once live in a converted bath house which had the potential for this but we were only renting.

7. Christine says:

As someone who is moving to London in a month, more-or-less against my will, this post brightened by spirits. Thanks for sharing! I do wish I could live like that…

8. Melissa Laurel says:

I LOVE the white floors. But how the heck does anyone keep them clean longer than 5 minutes? Much less in a soggy (though beautiful and vibrant) city like London? Wait…that was too much reality for an In My Dreams post. Let’s forget about dirty floors and go back to dreaming. Beautiful cottage.

• victoria says:

yes, dream on! but you know – i had black linoleum in a kitchen once, it was really a nightmare to keep clean. i guess it depends on the color of your ‘dirt’. ;)

9. Arianne says:

That is one bright cottage… it’s blinding! I can’t wait to visit the entirety of UK one day :)

10. A lovely home, so bright and inviting. I love white decor with splashes of colour from choice feature pieces of furniture and warmth added from rustic additions. It really adds dimension and a happy vibe to a space. It looks like a very trendy (not so cheap) pad to own.

11. Rita Marie says:

That bed looks so comfy and gorgeous!