sputnik!

sputnik! | sfgirlbybay

nuevo estilo.

there’s nothing like some great lighting to make all the difference in a room. not just the lovely ambiance that soft mood lighting can create, but the Pièce de résistance a big bold statement fixture can make. take the sputnik pendant lamp — even the name is fun to say, right? i have a patrick townsend orbit lamp in my bedroom — hanging way up in the a-frame ceiling, and i think it really adds something unexpected to the cottage. i found some other great looks created by hanging a sputnik-type fixture. you can find these fixtures in places like ebay, lamps plus, and jonathan adler. too over the top? maybe. but pretty grand, nonetheless. could you hang one of these mid-century modern works of illuminating art? do tell!

sputnik! | sfgirlbybay

nuevo estilo (above and below).

sputnik! | sfgirlbybay

sputnik! | sfgirlbybay

marcus hay, via the washingtonian.

sputnik! | sfgirlbybay

casavogue.

sputnik! | sfgirlbybay

Trevor Tondro for The New York Times.

sputnik! | sfgirlbybay

nuevo estilo.

sputnik! | sfgirlbybay

maxwell tielman for design*sponge.

sputnik! | sfgirlbybay

nuevo estilo.

Comments
6 Responses to “sputnik!”
  1. maggie says:

These are all amazing – I would love a sputnik inspired mid century mod piece in my place!

2. Katherine says:

Love the pink and black painting!

3. Colleen says:

I also love that there’s a healthy dose of pink in all of these rooms

4. Brittany says:

What great interior design inspiration. The bright colors used against a neutral background make the space playful yet chic.

5. Kunjan says:

I love how bright each room looks and how crisp the accessories are! Love all the room but my favorite has to last picture. Mustard yellow chairs, orange chair and hot pink painting! And oh…i lovvvvvee the lamps :)).

6. anahata says:

I fell in love with sputniks but didn’t have the ceiling height for one where I wanted it- and there’s the budget. Possini lights have really cool, affordable sputniks that I fell for and was able to use with a low ceiling. (Found mine at Lamps plus) Beautiful post! One day I’ll have the real thing!