less is sometimes a whole lot more.

less is sometimes a whole lot more | sfgirlbybay

wit & delight.

i’m in one of those moods. those moods when you feel like you’ve somehow managed (once again, if you’re like me) to accumulate too much stuff. when i get like this, i really find myself falling for the softer, much more minimal side of decor. those rooms that definitely evoke a pale, scandinavian feel, and all of these very neutral looks were really calling to me this weekend. simple, but very elegant and refined. nothing fussy, just beautiful pieces of furniture and the most minimalist decorating. do you get like that? just want to free yourself of all the excess? do tell!

less is sometimes a whole lot more | sfgirlbybay

less is sometimes a whole lot more | sfgirlbybay

gant home.

less is sometimes a whole lot more | sfgirlbybay

remodelista.

less is sometimes a whole lot more | sfgirlbybay

plum pretty sugar.

Comments
9 Responses to “less is sometimes a whole lot more.”
  1. Lisa says:

Oh boy, these spaces are those of my dreams! We’re in a constant state of trying to eliminate all excess! After getting rid of so much, I have really become so much more intentional about what I buy.

2. dawn says:

less is the new more.

for the past twenty-three years, i have had “less” sales twice a year. one is in april and one in october. it started out of necessity when living in a walk-up in brooklyn with three kids. after each one, i think “there is nothing left to get rid of” and then the next sale comes around and the belt has been tightened again.

btw, that round coffee table is so lovely.

3. April Louise says:

I love these rooms they have been styled in a really pretty but simple way, just the way I have tried to style my own home.

4. Laurel says:

I feel the urge – the urge to purge.

5. Libbynan says:

That first pic had me at blue! Do they call that Prussian blue? Whatever…. that particular color is so warm and soothing and plays off so well against whites, ivories, and greys. My house doesn’t get enough natural light to allow me to use that dark a color, but I love seeing it in such a light-filled room.

6. margarita says:

I agree with you, although I am not a minimalist when it comes to decor. I love the pastel green sideboard and the pink chair.

7. maggie says:

I just moved and with the packing and unpacking process, I feel the exact same way. I am going through my stuff and looking to minimize in my new space.

8. Tanya says:

I so admire people who can live in spaces designed for “less.” Your featured rooms are magnificent. Every now and then I sweep through my place that weighs heavily on the “much more” and clear it out. In a few days, I find I bring all the cleared stuff out and put it back where it belongs. Maybe it’s because of my age…but all my stuff holds wonderful memories and a simple glance at those trinkets always make me smile. Guess I’ll just be content to admire “less” from afar!

9. Elizabeth says:

Lovely pictures! But they all depend on beautiful light. The problem for me with less is at nighttime or on a grey day, when empty rooms can look so cold.