captain and the gypsy kid.

captain and the gypsy kid / sfgirlbybay

this is the colorful home of former fashion designer and stylist turned blogger Sheree Commerford of the blog captain and the gypsy kid. their very eclectic family home near the beach in sydney was recently photographed for elle australia, and sheree is sharing some of the images on her blog. this is my favorite bit — i love this laid back, bohemian vibe, and this family playroom is well, really just a delight. i think that’s the only word for it — it’s so whimsical and full of colorful collections including their children’s artwork, i feel like i could study this room for hours and still keep discovering nuances and treasures. for the tour of the whole lovely home, visit sheree’s captain and the gypsy kid. and you might like to follow sheree’s fun instagram feed.

captain and the gypsy kid / sfgirlbybay

captain and the gypsy kid / sfgirlbybay

captain and the gypsy kid / sfgirlbybay

captain and the gypsy kid / sfgirlbybay

captain and the gypsy kid / sfgirlbybay

captain and the gypsy kid / sfgirlbybay

elle-4

• Photography by Micheal Naumoff for elle australia.

Comments
11 Responses to “captain and the gypsy kid.”
  1. Wow. There’s so many fantastic things to look at in this room. I absolutely LOVE all of the textures and colors. Great room.

xo Denise
    lovelybohemian.blogspot.com

2. I love how perfectly curated their collections are–they look like they’ve taken a lifetime to assemble. Every piece has its own identity, yet they all fit together…that’s what well-done clutter looks like!

Love, Gigi
    dolceandgabriella.wordpress.com

3. Candice says:

One of my favorite details from this shoot is the feathers atop the wooden frame in the first picture you posted. Thanks for sharing this colorful home!

4. Jane says:

Amazing room – thanks for sharing!

5. Carolyn says:

Oh golly gosh I wish I had a house like this! So beautiful!

6. [ Smiles ] Wow, I love the sitar in the corner of the room and the craftsmanship is impressive.

7. Rita Marie says:

Oh my goodness! So much color and texture and happiness! Love this space!

8. Wow, that is so much color! I love it! Not sure if I could live in it, but I would love to stay there for a vacation! Thanks for sharing!

Love,
    Jamie Herzlinger

9. Hailey Hinshaw says:

I ran across this bedspread in a blog. I LOVE IT. But the blogger has not been active for a few years and has not responded to my comment. I am looking to find almost the exact bedspread but can’t. I’m wondering if you’ve ever seen this or might have ideas about where I can get/make this or have it made for an affordable price. I’m asking because it looked kinda like your style so I thought you might have some ideas.

I’m referring to the brown bedspread with large colorful circles seen in the last photograph of the Wednesday, June 22, 2011 post entitled “Nursery Creative Inspirations….thus far :)” at this link:

THANKS… I would seriously appreciate any of your design thoughts around this project.
    Hailey Hinshaw

10. Milke says:

The title of this is ridiculous. Captain and the “Gypsy” Kid, really??? Just replace the slur with any other derogatory to get an idea of how utterly ridiculous it is. Captain and the N****r kid, Captain and the K**k kid, Captain and the S**c kid.

Unsubscribed.