so into indigo.

so into indigo / sfgirlbybay

i keep seeing a whole lotta navy blue out there these days. or rather, indigo — that is the fancy-schmancy name we’re giving it now, right? i think it is. there’s all that indigo tie dye that’s quite hot at the moment, and sure is pretty, but there’s a lot of potent, dark and dramatic blues out there, too. just like our favorite pair of well-worn blue jeans, blue is soothing, and well, just plain cool. solid walls of it, or just splashes of it — i like all the indigo i see out there.

vtwonen (above + below).

so into indigo / sfgirlbybay

lena corwin for urban outfitters.

so into indigo / sfgirlbybay

clockwise, l to r: scandinavian deko; lacasadecoto rug; bolig; jonas ingerstedt.

vtwonen.

kara rosenlund.

house to home.

so into indigo / sfgirlbybay

clockwise, l to r: richard powers; vtwonen; apartment therapy; domino.

domino.

polly wreford.

bolig.

remodelista.

polly wreford.

• top image via way of fallen petals.

Comments
16 Responses to “so into indigo.”
  1. Nat Coalson says:

Gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing; these are fantastic photographs with lots of good decorating ideas. Indigo, though, is actually a [relatively] clearly defined color, and is closer to purple than Navy blue. Of all places, Wikipedia has a pretty good page detailing the color Indigo. (Google it.) I love indigo so much I’ve used it for my brand identity and web site!

2. I love the back splash on the last (kitchen) photo. Great take on “blue and white”

3. Katherine says:

I have the perfect Vera Wang dress that would fit in the theme of the blog post :-) !
    Indigo walls look sumptuous!

4. candice says:

As much as love dip dying indigo in patterns – and i do! – i love the soaked look of the wall and the rug in this post.

5. sabrina says:

This post is so timely! I am really loving indigo right now, it feels so japanese especially with dark walnut or browns in general. I recently bought indigo sheets and I got a shibori dyed indigo noren :).

6. Samantha says:

I’ve always been an olive-green girl, but that started changing when I saw a room in Anthology magazine in 2012. I fell in love with it at first sight, and went out and bought a gallon and proceeded to paint my guestroom that very night. It’s one of my favorite rooms now; sometimes I stand in the doorway just to gaze at the walls. :)

7. emily says:

Oh man love! Lena Corwin room is a dream.

8. gorgeous! our previous house had an accent wall in van duesen blue but I hadn’t thought of it for our new house. inspired ;) xo

9. Monnaie says:

Nice interior decoration and interior furnishing.

10. jessica says:

i love that yellow tufted headboard – it adds great texture + color to the room! great collection.

11. Rachel says:

I’ve caught the indigo bug, too! Just today I posted my experiments with a faux shibori effect with bleach and denim (http://transientexpression.com/diy-bleached-denim-faux-shibori/ if you’re curious), and a couple of months ago I talked my husband into letting me give our walls a coat of deep indigo (http://transientexpression.com/dining-room-tour/). I used your dark-walled dining room to help me make the case for such a dark color. We both love it. Thanks Victoria! :-)

That quilt from Lena Corwin x Urban Outfitters is fantastic, and I love the wall hanging above the bed in that photo, too!

12. Shannon says:

I have an obsession with indigo esseciLly all the vintage Japanese ikats. Very soothing color, feel on fabric.

13. Igor says:

I’m totally into indigo, it’s one of my favorite hues. Plus the story of indigo s beyond thrilling! It has so many cultural meanings all around the world!

14. Irene says:

Lovely to look at – a pleasure to live with. Thank you for posting.